35's regearing and speed correction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So if I read the above correctly, 4.88's and 35's is about 8% fast? What about 4.88 and 33's? Driving home tonight with newly installed 4.88's I was trying to figure this out. Kept waiting for a Prius to get next to me but it didn't happen (so I could read their big-ass speedo).

But I know I wasn't going 80.. with traffic passing me. Im thinking 10% is more like it.. so 80=72. good guess?

I am guessing more like 14.

Must feel like being supercharged. :D

I forgot to ask, did you go Precision or Yukons? Or another brand?

I know you had a great install guy.

After re-gearing, does your rig accelerate better? I am asking cause I am on Toyo 35’s and mine struggles to get past 40mph.

After re-gearing, does your rig accelerate better? I am asking cause I am on Toyo 35’s and mine struggles to get past 40mph.
holy thread bump!

yes regearing definitely helps with acceleration... think of it like your mountain bike, if you click down a few gears it's easier to get off the line, up the hill, etc.

I'm on 35's with stock gears and I don't have any trouble driving around normally. It's certainly not as peppy as my Tundra, but it's not as gutless as my old 22RE Hilux was. I do plan to go for 4.88 gears some time in the coming year, but if you're struggling to get up to 40, you have bigger problems than gears.

I'm on 35's with stock gears and I don't have any trouble driving around normally. It's certainly not as peppy as my Tundra, but it's not as gutless as my old 22RE Hilux was. I do plan to go for 4.88 gears some time in the coming year, but if you're struggling to get up to 40, you have bigger problems than gears.
Yeah possibly. hmm, atm I have 240k miles on the clock. lol could be just how I am pressing on the peddle which is like a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom