304 Pollux orange- need modern paint code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have called every paint shop in the region and none can come up with a current equivalent to 304 Toyota Pollux Orange.

Does anyone have the recipe that a local paint shop would be able to recognize/ reproduce?

I have searched and also posted in the paint section without success.

My project is currently a baby blue and was planning to switch over to Pollux orange here in the near future

nice color - not sure my limited painting skills can handle the pearl finish.... biggest project to date has been a case skidsteer.

However It might be an opportunity to upgrade my paint gun...

I followed the paint code on the CCOT website. I had a link to it saved, but it doesn’t seem to work anymore. I should have a can of paint mixed in the garage with the recipe. Give me a day or two.

When I was looking for this color, nobody seemed to know the recipe. CCOT had a guess at what it might be and I decided that would be close enough for a trail rig. I’ve never seen one in the wild, so I’m not sure how close it is to oem.

Edit- i’m adding this picture because the above link doesn’t work for the CCOT website anymore.

IMG_2360.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe you are correct about Toyota being fans of astronomy - If I’m not mistaken, all of their car models have astronomical names: Crown, Camry, Corolla, Avalon……

As far a Pollux orange goes, supposedly it was not intended for the US market in 1974 and doesn’t appear on the US color charts.

US demand for the FJ40 was strong and Toyota redirected some South American FJ40’s to the US market and that is how Pollux orange ended up here…

US demand for the FJ40 was strong and Toyota redirected some South American FJ40’s to the US market and that is how Pollux orange ended up here…

I have read that as well. Only problem was 1974 the US required a padded dash, roll bar and emissions South America FJ40s did not have.

I think orange and yellow are body man's favorite colors as they show flaws less to human eyes.

I assume something happened to this 73 prior to 1988 when it was last registered for the road. Have not idea it something from a spray can was used or just very poor paint match by some shop.
IMG_20200920_144339598_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200920_144424696_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200505_165605643_HDR.jpg
20211031_141055.jpg
IMG_20200924_155033698.jpg

If I get around to paint being a single stage paint I'll pick an area and use running compound and had a local shop mix a test and match I get it right. Not sure if It a FST I would keep it the original colour. Like the colour with both the factory white colour top and black tops.

I think orange and yellow are body man's favorite colors as they show flaws less to human eyes.

I've not heard that. I'm planning on going orange, hopefully it hides scratches too!

I had a poop brown S10 20 years ago. I went a year without washing it. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom