300 series revealed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dateline: August, 2017

Toyota just announced that it will unveil the 300 series at Frankfurt, Germany Auto Show in mid-September. Not sure if that means it'll be in showrooms in late 2018 or 2019.

Here's the story with no pictures of the 300.

Toyota Teases Hybrid C-HR Concept, New Land Cruiser For Frankfurt

EDIT 3/2019:

The 300 still hasn't been revealed but this thread contains lots of interesting, if not humorous, speculation about when it might be and what it'll look like.

Last edited:
"There are no details about the new Land Cruiser yet. However, we have to wonder whether it might pick up some of the retro styling cues from the FT-4X Concept (gallery below)."

toyota-ft-4x-concept-new-york-2017.jpg

Pardon me for a moment while I barf. I sure hope that statement was incorrect.

A forced induction V6 with a hybrid setup would be interesting, but I would prefer a plain old turbo diesel V8. With a bare bones utility model please!

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
That FT-4X is lame as hell. Removable car parts customized for some vague idea of an "adventurous" person? Come on! Give us the real deal and we'll make it into whatever we want with the aftermarket.

I hope it has vented 3rd row windows. One of my favorite cabin amenities on the UZJ100.

Ya, when USA folks hear "Land Cruiser," we assume 200 or 300. In Australia and some other markets...there are non-200 "Land Cruisers."

An update to the "Land Cruiser Prado" is NOT what we're waiting for, but may well be what comes.

I don't think this is fake news. The link includes the actual press release from Toyota which says: "the world premiere of the new landcruiser..."

The latest iteration of the Prado isn't much more than a refresh of the current model. A marketing or advertising person might say that warrants a "world premire" but that would be a pretry big strech if you ask me.

Since eveyone's crystal ball is hazy, let's just say Toyota might be revealing the new 300 in Frankfort on the 12th.

From the autoshow to the showroom can take a while, so we might not be able to put our hands on the final version til 2020.

This. Lock it down.

Check the German Toyota website. They don't even have the 200 series LC listed.
They get the Prado which they sell as the the Land Cruiser ( as do most European countries ). So it makes sense as to why the mix up happened. The source from Europe said NEW LAND CRUISER and all the websites from around the world automatically thought 200 series.

New Land Cruiser in Frankfurt (AKA Updated 2018 Land Cruiser ''PRADO'')

When it says, "Concept," though...rarely is that the released version of anything...

Wiki says: "The Land Cruiser 80 series was unveiled in October 1989 at the Tokyo Motor Show." "The 100 series was previewed in October 1997 as the "Grand Cruiser" at the 32nd Tokyo Motor Show." Where the 200 series debuted isn't listed. But the Tokyo Motor show in late Oct is probably where Toyota would unveil anything of serious note if history is any judge. Since the 2018 200 series is already announced, well...maybe next year....

Don't get too excited....
Facelift 2018 Prado
This mans word is worth its weight in gold and he speaks the truth all things toyota

He has had toyota inside info for years!

Much appreciated as always @GX-R

Prado needs an overhaul, hopefully we see a new version of the GX460as a result

Will be interesting to see if the Prado engine goes to the 300 series. What say you @GX-R and @Chocolate ? ;)

This mans word is worth its weight in gold and he speaks the truth all things toyota

He has had toyota inside info for years!

Much appreciated as always @GX-R

Prado needs an overhaul, hopefully we see a new version of the GX460as a result

Will be interesting to see if the Prado engine goes to the 300 series. What say you @GX-R and @Chocolate ? ;)

It certainly could. Along with the 4.6, they've sold 200s in certain markets with the 4.0L V6, though those are predictably slow. But a cheaper 300 with an updated 4.6 as an option would be nice.

Last edited:
Toyota just announced that it will unveil the 300 series at Frankfurt, Germany Auto Show in mid-September. Not sure if that means it'll be in showrooms in late 2018 or 2019.

Here's the story with no pictures of the 300.

Toyota Teases Hybrid C-HR Concept, New Land Cruiser For Frankfurt
If the new Land Cruiser is to debut, and considering all the pre-release development throughout the world that Toyota puts into this model, it is hard to believe that no spy photos exist.

It certainly could. Along with the 4.6, they've sold 200s in certain markets with the 4.0L V6, though those are predictably slow. But a cheaper 300 with an updated 4.6 as an option would be nice. Toyota achieved almost identical power figures to the 5.7 back in 2006 with the LS 460.
You think we see a turbo v6 in the Prado? Something that might make it in the 300? ;)

I've been convinced that a new LC to be the 300 would be revealed in Tokyo not Frankfurt. The press release by Toyota and the story about it are sufficiently vague that it could happen, but now I doubt it.

In Breckenridge, Dave from Toyota hinted that the 300 is still a couple years out. While it's possible Toyota could release it somewhere else in the world first (like the 200, which some countries got in 2007), it seems odd that they'd do anything but a concept demo for the 200 in September when they just started selling the 2018 models.

Side note: I've said before that with all the refresh Toyota did to the 200 in 2016 I think they'll run the model until 2020. I have no actual data to base that on, just a strong hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom