2016 Run Ideas and Proposals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Hi everyone, let's continue Mike's lead in listing runs on the Mud site by starting a thread where we can get everyone's ideas and proposals all in one place. The vision is that we can gather all of the input and arrange a schedule that maximizes attendance. I'd say let's get all ideas from mild to wild into the mix that way we can hope to have something for everyone be it scenic day trips to long range expedition style adventures to core rock crawling escapades.

How about throw up a response within this thread with a description, date (or suggested date range), limit of number of rigs of rigs if there is one, distance from Escondido, tantalizing pictures, and anything else you'd like to add. If there are events that for whatever reason you think should be in the private section we can run another list there to compliment the general one.

I will start...

Ideas that need more input...

- Wrenching day?
- Impromptu snow wheeling if weather permits.
- TLCA events - EVENTS | TLCA
- Vehicle inspections
- Holiday party

11/4-6, Pismo Turf & Surf put on by the Central Coast Cruisers, Oceano Ca, free! Unlimited number of rigs. 5.5-7 hours from Escondido depending on if you are towing a trailer and/or hit traffic. Beach style camping but bathrooms are available. More information will come up on Central Coast Cruisers site and the Facebook page they maintain.

I'll throw some ideas in!

In Denver we had an early season wheel bearing/axle seal repacking party where a member with a shop or large garage would host. The group would order pizza and bring other food and there were always experienced people to go around and help the newer guys. The best part of the whole thing was we would get a group buy on the parts ahead of time and get a good deal on the bearings/seals we would need for the job.

Needless to say I am new to the area so any trips that let me get to know the area would be great in my mind!

Hi everyone, let's continue Mike's lead in listing runs on the Mud site by starting a thread where we can get everyone's ideas and proposals all in one place. The vision is that we can gather all of the input and arrange a schedule that maximizes attendance. I'd say let's get all ideas from mild to wild into the mix that way we can hope to have something for everyone be it scenic day trips to long range expedition style adventures to core rock crawling escapades.

How about throw up a response within this thread with a description, date (or suggested date range), limit of number of rigs of rigs if there is one, distance from Escondido, tantalizing pictures, and anything else you'd like to add. If there are events that for whatever reason you think should be in the private section we can run another list there to compliment the general one.

I will start...

Ideas that need more input...

- Wrenching day?
- Impromptu snow wheeling if weather permits.
- TLCA events - EVENTS | TLCA
- Vehicle inspections
- Holiday party

11/4-6, Pismo Turf & Surf put on by the Central Coast Cruisers, Oceano Ca, free! Unlimited number of rigs. 5.5-7 hours from Escondido depending on if you are towing a trailer and/or hit traffic. Beach style camping but bathrooms are available. More information will come up on Central Coast Cruisers site and the Facebook page they maintain.

Great Ideas so far-

I'd also like to Missionary Night where we meet on a Fri - Sat night with all our rigs all gussied-up and show them off. Try to get more members.
- Have a Beach cook-out.
- Share local spots to wheel.
- Go with other clubs Wheeling.

Would like to have our member list with names, Phone and emails + Ham #s

Great ideas! Keep em coming!

Over the summer this is this "Touch a Truck" Touch A Truck San Diego event to raise money for kids with cancer. That is where I met Eric and learned of the B&T group. I can see if we can get some rigs there. My company is typically tapped to stage and EV semi so I have the contact saved somewhere. They haven't announced the 2016 date yet.

I can volunteer my building in Oceanside again for a wrenching party. I have plenty of tools, air and basic fabrication equipment. I can fit 3 (depending on size) inside the rear shop area, 1 more in the retail area and plenty outside on the pavement. No lift yet, but I am in the market for one. Saturdays the retail front end is open 8-1 so I would be somewhat busy up front for half the day. Sundays are available as well. If there is interest in this, I will move this discussion into the private area.

- Mike

I'd be all for a wrenching party, I want to get my bearings and axles seals done, as well as new rotors and pads. It's be great to knock all that out at the same time with your guys expertise to help me along. Honestly I would like to get that done sooner than later as my rig is shaking like a motha when I hit the brakes.

I can volunteer my building in Oceanside again for a wrenching party. I have plenty of tools, air and basic fabrication equipment. I can fit 3 (depending on size) inside the rear shop area, 1 more in the retail area and plenty outside on the pavement. No lift yet, but I am in the market for one. Saturdays the retail front end is open 8-1 so I would be somewhat busy up front for half the day. Sundays are available as well. If there is interest in this, I will move this discussion into the private area.

- Mike

Looks like I better get out and break something :worms:

I was thinking about hosting a bbq/meet'n'greet sometime around the end of the month. It could also be a wrench day if anyone has some light work they want to accomplish.

I saw one of the ideas above about doing a beach cookout, I think thats a great idea. We could occupy fiesta island for an afternoon. The facebook FJ cuiser group seemed interested in meeting up at fiesta island, so that might net some new members.

in terms of runs, there are two i'd like to try soon: thomas mtn (when it snows) and Bee's canyon. they are both local and could be a day trip or overnighter. I'd be posting these runs in the public section, and I cant see a reason to put a limit on the number of rigs for either of these.

Excellent ideas. I would like to get a wheeling/fishing trip together along the vain of our Funnel Lake trip last year. I will do some research but am definitely up for ideas as I have not explored a whole lot of these types of areas.

Frank

I am up for a wrenching Party again, I need to install a second battery, winch and seat gears. Could use some help getting the winch wired and into my bumper. Thomas mountain would be fun from sawmill trail if still open, also an Borrego run to the calcite mines, fonts point, pumpkin patch, truckhaven could be a fun day ride before it gets hot again. As usual timing is tough for me however.

I took the family boarding at June Mountain for a 4 day trip and looking out from the summit only makes me want to get back up here all the more. I think I will add to next meetings agenda an item to get at least a list of tentative trips on the schedule.

Frank

Good discussion and ideas here. If any or all of you are ready to propose some dates and get trips on the agenda let's do that Tuesday.

I am up for a wrenching Party again, I need to install a second battery, winch and seat gears. Could use some help getting the winch wired and into my bumper. Thomas mountain would be fun from sawmill trail if still open, also an Borrego run to the calcite mines, fonts point, pumpkin patch, truckhaven could be a fun day ride before it gets hot again. As usual timing is tough for me however.

I am going to hit bees canyon sunday. anyone is welcome. last minute trip.

Looks like weather should roll in, could be fun!

Frank

Was eyeing Main Divide Road for Saturday, but talked to a ranger today and he couldn't confirm whether they lock everything when it starts raining or before it starts raining. Not willing to risk the drive only to be locked out so this looks like a fun one. Post up details when you can Tim.

Does Bee Canyon get gated off in weather?

My steering parts arrived and I am on a mission to get the cruiser back on the road today. If we do hit gates maybe we could use LCIR as a fall back?

Knarf

I'm up for lcir or grapevine Canyon as fall backs. A coworker of mine lives near bee Canyon, and he says they only close it for fire dangers.
Text message me if you're interested in going. I'll pick a meeting spot ot two tonight a day text everyone. Hopefully I remember to post it here too.
And now back to welding...

What's everyone's thoughts on merging this thread with the "official" 2016 run and events thread that's pinned to the top?

What's everyone's thoughts on merging this thread with the "official" 2016 run and events thread that's pinned to the top?

first time posting in beach-n-toys...nice to see some more ppl from san diego in this clubhouse... Not as much activity as I thought would be in the other SD clubhouse.

I don't see any harm with merging this thread with the official 2016 run and events thread. I'm all for meeting up with some more folks for some wrenching or runs. Have a set of cruisin offroad skid plates that I need to put on soon. Also have some random tools and stuff for front axle rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom