2015 Lakes Basin Camping Trip (AKA Cruiser Gold Rush 2015) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
Threads
So not sure how many of you heard about this last year but @The Machinist and @KWalkerM setup the original Lakes Basin group camping trip. They had a good showing, unfortunately I was out of town, and lots of people camped.

Well they are doing it again this year and figured I would post up to the group to see if anyone is interested and going up and camping. The wife and I will already but up there camping on the Westshore of Lake Tahoe so we will probably take one day and run out there with the Cruiser to meet up with everyone.

Run date is July 24-26

Here is the thread for the run for those interested in the information.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cr...to-gold-lake-for-a-second-year-norcal.832631/

Looks like a fun run Greg:D. Someone mentioned this trail for a possible club run last meeting. For sure we will mention this at the next meeting. Thanks for posting.

Greetings, I will join you for this 2015 trip. Looking forward to trying my new to me 2001 4Runner on this trip. Going up with Mike. Kento

Nah unfortunately I never made it out that way. Had my brother and his family randomly stop by our campsite and hang out and then had a dog with hamburger for paws after two days playing on the beach (he's 10 so it took its toll on him). Wanted to head out and have fun but with recent "possible" issues I did not want risk anything (wife wants to kill me for spending $400 on suspension stuff already).

We went. Met another cool family and had a great weekend. The only thing that somewhat tempered the experience was the overall group's tendency to party late into the night. We camped on the outer fringe to avoid most of it but were still kept awake by a couple annoying drunks.

Overall, it was a very fun weekend, but I'd hesitate taking my wife and daughter out there again.

Glad you had a great weekend with the family:). Too bad about the drunks keeping you awake:(. That seems to be a recurring problem with some of the younger wheeling folks:beer:. Dan and I went to Marlins crawl and watched several sideshows that we just stood there watching in amazement:eek::eek:. It was on the trail and in camp. I usually like to see people party and have fun-but what I have seen lately is a bit over the top. People did quiet down after about 11:30 so at least we got some sleep. Maybe we can get a stocker club family run/camping scheduled so you can feel comfortable bringing the wife:princess: and kids out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom