2010 LX 85k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On a test drive currently (though stopped now).
Silver. Tan interior.
Serviced every 5k miles
Asking is roughly 30k.
Electrical and drivetrain is solid.
A couple nicks on driver side paint. Worst by the tail light lens. Pic shown.
Feels great.
If I’m not picking the steering feels a little loose or vague.
Needs tires.
Maybe a battery.
The center console only stays closed with Velcro.

Any initial thoughts?
Thank you!

31CDC2E0-CD99-4784-AD53-9A690857889E.jpeg

07FE3DB3-883C-4736-8195-6526C10C2F18.jpeg

Test AHC operation. Put it in low and lock the center diff and see if it goes in and out smoothly.

Diff is good.
Ahc functions like it should. Up and down.
Crawl control works as it should.

It’s just this steering. Tires?

What is the history ? Where has it been mine is an 11 and has zero rust it is from Texas. That looks like rust and possibly body filler as well.

There definitely is. Bumps in the road are pushing me around and I know these are much more solid.
But the ahc behaves. I’ll poke around the front end.
Tires, again, are at the wear mark. Sooo....
I dunno. Would you walk at 30k but take 27k all day long with tires and that stuff at the lens?
It’s super nice other than what’s been mentioned.

Oh good god. Jeez. Just thoughts. It’s such a monster, let’s look up top.
Friggin hail!

Thanks all. Gonna need this at 22k for me to deal with hail. :bang:

809ECE77-F9C7-4A73-9D2D-87626C661C09.jpeg

I wouldbe tempted to see what is behind the light. It sure looks thick enough to be body filler. And it is sprayed. Flooded ? Been in the ocean ? Look at it hard . The price is a hair high but decent. Now I see the bonus of hail.

I would keep looking, you can find LX's all day without question marks and for less money

Thanks for weighing in real time. I appreciate it.
They didn’t even know about the hail. I saw the numbers, they bought it at auction for 28k. They offered to fix it, but that still left me with tires and a loose front end. So even at auction price of 28k, I wouldn’t feel great.

Thanks guys

What is the history ? Where has it been mine is an 11 and has zero rust it is from Texas. That looks like rust and possibly body filler as well.

My thoughts as well, looks like cracked body filler. Maybe a rearend accident that was repaired look well behind the back bumper area. I had a friend I helped remove the rear bumper on his 100 series to find it was rearended with a lot of body filler and rust starting to set in. You couldn't see it with the rear bumper cover on. Other than that small details you can work on the price and mileage look good.

Just because you don't see it on Carfax or whatever service they use does not mean it did not happen. Most of my repairs are not on any carfax and I like it that way.

Run, don't walk away from that one man. Horrendous body work on driver rear plus the nice addition of hail damage?? It'd have to be sub $20k for me to even think about it. Let them tell you that for less than ~$30k that they'll "send it to auction" and keep on looking. There are plenty of decent rigs out there for $30k, albeit DFW is running a bit lean on them since the recall thing. BTW, there's a decent looking beige LC for sale out in Weatherford:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom