2009 CRF230M / Commuter Bike only? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great bike, I have used it for the las three years for DD, I agree it´s not a comfortable bike for long trips but it is very reliable and easy to drive off road.
Light and very agile on small paved roads.

Juan Gaviria
Toyota FJ40 1970
Suzuki Dr400sm 2006

My 2 cent opinion for a cheap commuter, mostly in town XL350. In town with a little Hwy XL500S
Should be able to find either one fairly cheap.

Opinions on this ride as a commuter and longer touring ride performance.

Thanks....

I was looking at one of those while waiting at the dealer's parts counter the other day... have you seen one up close? They're tiny!

If you have a very short commute, don't plan on going off road much, and are willing to discard the idea of longer touring rides, it might be the bike for you. especially if you're 5'2 and 120lb.

I don't think that you're going to find what you're looking for with a new honda offering, xr650l would be the closest.

I commuted 35miles one way on my buddies 2008 wr250x last summer for a week. It was ok, but the seat is not comfy for more than 5 minutes sitting down. Surprising amount of power for a 250 4stroker though. I was surprised ow easy it was to get over the speed limit. not as much wind resistance as i was expecting. But horrible in any sort of wet weather-you get soaked real quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom