2000 LX470 Missing Main 100a Fuse? But running perfect? need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so i was poking around checking fuses and what not and noticed that the box next to the positive battery terminal should have in order from top to bottom 7.5 (ALT-S), 100a (Main), 140a (ALT)and another 100a (J/V No.2) The fuse I am "Missing" is the Main fuse... now a long time ago I was told if its not broken don't touch it but its bugging me! My questions should it be missing? Should I throw in 100a fuse in the empty spot? Thanks in advance for the advice! See pictures for better idea of what I am talking about.
a9aguja6.jpg
hu9a7use.jpg

Completely normal for that fuse to be missing, at least in US trucks. I think (but not sure) it may be for diesel glow plugs. Nothing shows in my LX wiring diagram book. You'll also note a number of missing fuses in the underhood fuse box...also normal.

Steve

Well usually when fuses are left blank it's blank on the cover also ... And it sounds important haha "MAIN" apparently not as important as I think since everything seems fine! Haha ya think it would hurt anything putting a 100a fuse in there? Maybe give me "better gas mileage" or "50 more hp!" LoL or cause it to combust into flames and turn to ashes! ( ya never know unless ya try!) lol

Same here in Australia: that fuse isn't there in my car.

Cheap bastards what is that fuse for what model of lc ? Is is for the diesel version? If so that's even more annoying since they never brought that version here sigh!

Saving money to use the same part for multiple models.
Even my Lexus has parts branded Toyota. A real shame. It is a Lexus, not a poor man Toyota. :cheers:

If you stick a 100amp fuse in there you will gain access to all sorts of secret electrical wonders! Sort of like the warp zones in Super Mario :)

That's it I am sold!

It's the power supply for the inlet heater on mine....or was until I ripped that out. Now it powers my driving lights and a few other accessories.

Oh that's in an Aus delivered diesel.

Aghh! DIESEL! Unfortunately never brought to NA agh now I demand a diesel from Toyota so I can appropriately use my 100amp fuse!

Saving money to use the same part for multiple models.
Even my Lexus has parts branded Toyota. A real shame. It is a Lexus, not a poor man Toyota. :cheers:[/QUO
Hey buddy.... I resent that! Also CEO, just be glad we don't have it, you're saving weight ;)

I suppose now I want to use it for something! Haha

I suppose now I want to use it for something! Haha
Find a pigtail, plug it into the fuse box, and you should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom