1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 1/16" A pillar gauge pods

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by mts, Jun 30, 2003.

1. mts

mts

For those of you that have them:

1) &nbsp:Do you have a single or double?
    2) If you have a single, does the pod fit with the existing "oh sh$t" handle already on the a-pillar?
    3) For those with doubles, since you removed the existing "oh sh$t" handle, did you add one above the drivers door?

Perhaps some or most vehicles came with the a-pillar handle and the one above the drivers door?

Finally, where did you get your gauge pods? I found that jegs has a landcruiser specific one. Anyone else?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Autometer makes a single. That's the only one I am aware of. I believe summit lists it also. I have not seen a double. IIRC 2 singles stacked will require removal of the grab handle unless you cut them(the pods) down somehow.

3. mts

mts

Thanks Dan! 1038 posts.....wow, you've been busy! :D &nbsp:Did you ever get the smaller nose pulley put on?

Mike

4. Photoman

Photoman SILVER Star

Media:
  5. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    What smaller 3.0 inch nose pulley, I have no idea what you are refering to........ :D

6. Scamper

Scamper

Mike,

Mine is a single. I got it from the source George S. referenced on his site at geocities--http://www.egauges.com/. It's LC specific, or at least they advertise it that way. I think they had a double too--I didn't pay too much attention since I wasn't interested in multiples, but even if not, as Bill has shown, they can be ganged up pretty nicely. I suspect you could even put two on the pillar without having to loose the handle.

FYI, I think they only come in black. If you have a "beige" roof-liner, you can get a can of that new Krylon Fusion paint for plastics--pretty good match and it supposedly forms a true bond to the pastic (but I doubt if it really does...), but it looks good :D

Tom