1kz Te best boost PSI? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I have a 1997 JDM 90 series Diesel with inter-cooler that I am importing to USA from Ireland and I am debating what PSI I should set the Turbo to.

I will do an EGR delete when it arrives but I just need some help on how to change the Turbo PSI.

It only has 113,000KM on the clock.

Last edited:
I’ve done a egr delete on a 1KZ-te and had a boost t installed I would run about 14-18psi no issues no intercooler on a factory turbo. It ran like this for about 2 years no issues.

EGTs stayed under 1100F and this is in 45-50c weather when I was in Thailand. Not bad.

You’ll probably can do better with your intercooler. Is it the factory water to air intercooler you have?

Last edited:
I’ve done a egr delete on a 1hz-te and had a boost t installed I would run about 14-18psi no issues no intercooler on a factory turbo. It ran like this for about 2 years no issues.

EGTs stayed under 1100F and this is in 45-50c weather when I was in Thailand. Not bad.

You’ll probably can do better with your intercooler. Is it the factory water to air intercooler you have?
No it has 2 vents in the grill that force air into the double skin hood that forces air into the inter-cooler. Its a internal hood scoop.

EGTs
No it has 2 vents in the grill that force air into the double skin hood that forces air into the inter-cooler. Its a internal hood scoop.
ok had a Grandvia van basically hi-ace. And some had a water to air intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom