1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Tacoma V6 in 1968 FJ45LV Wagon

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by TJDIV, Aug 27, 2003.

1. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    :eek:

I'm getting the conversion together for a Tacoma V6 to go into an FJ45LV wagon I bought and am concerned about whether or not the Auto transmission will be adaptable for the 4 wheel drive. I know the manual transmission will work, but then I'd be sitting on an automatic from a Tacoma..(stupid)...I checked the tech links...

any help would be great. Also if anyone has done this before...I'd put the Tacoma axles in it, but...a) independent front b) not sure of measurements yet.

2. Eskimo

Eskimo SILVER Star

why woudl the auto tranny not work? They did come in 4wd, with the auto... unless I'm missing some point in your post?

I'm a bit confused.

3. hammerhead

hammerhead

Me too! Sounds easy. What gives?

4. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    well, I was looking at it with a friend of mine and for some reason we thought the transfer case was going to be on the wrong side for the front d/s. With the manual it has the transfer case problem solved. Unless we're retarded enough to look into it too far. (which is possible). Regardless I'm simply lining up the parts I need now. I won't have the wagon for two to three weeks..(shipping)....automatic would be nice though...and I think the rear axle will almost fit perfectly...cool...