For Sale 1997 LX450 - Romer's Truck in CO (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 LX450 - $17,000 - 176K Miles with Lockers- For sale again by OperatorTRP - see bottom of thread
I purchased it in 2004 and am the 2nd owner. It's a Texas truck that was well maintained. I was looking at several and friends from across the country where checking them out and this one received a clean inspection with a buy recommendation

attachment.php

It's been wheeled at Flat Nasty, The Rubicon, Moab, Colorado and the Black Hills. If your truly looking for a pink panty wagon, this isn't it. There are a few small dings and scrapes (No major damage)

HOWEVER, it has been meticulously maintained. Any time I got the feeling something was going out, I took care of it.

It also is very well moded. Maybe one of the reasons I moved on to another truck is this one was done :D
You have seen this truck get built up over the last 7 years in my thread and also many of the 80 series FAQ write-ups.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/115185-romer-rotw-ii.html

From the above thread I have removed the fridge, laptop mount and HAM Radio. I am selling the laptop mount also, I would throw it in here if it was still available.

I do still have a medium built 80 that I am keeping.

I bought a 2004 100 series and am building that. Although, it will be built lighter than this is. I built this truck to do the Rubicon and long extended trips (Hot Showers!)

attachment.php

You can have Powderpig (Robbie) or Slee look it over for you. Both are very familiar with it. Slee provided a lot of the parts and Robbie provided a lot of the work.

Modifications: You can find most of the install write-ups in the 80's section.
· TRD Supercharger
· JDM Aux Fan
· 4.88 Gears
· four 35" Cooper MT and one Toyo MT spare
· Toyota Factory 13 gallon aux fuel tank setup (From australia)
· Overhead console with rear fuel tank level and altimeter ( in meters)
· Hellroaring Dual Battery setup with two fairly new Sear Die Hard Platinum batteries
· ARB Bull Bar
· PIAA Lights
· Warn 12K M winch
· Drive shaft re-tubed to be thicker- Both shafts rebuilt and balanced
· Slee ARB skid plate (to protect the AC dryer)
· Slee step sliders
· Slee Rear bumper
· Slee Hitch Receiver for towing (Tow my 3500lb Camper over the mtns)
· Slee tcase skid plate - one of the supports is loose (needs weld), but still is functional
· SCION 6 Multi-disk head unit that plays MP3's
· i- simple IPOD interface to SCION Radio. Allows you to control IPOD from Radio, see text, etc.
· CB Radio
· Landtank front and rear swaybar brackets and links (much beefier than stock)
· Landtank MAF 2nd gen
· Slee tie rod
· Slee front sway bar drop down brackets
· OME J Lift with L Shocks
· Twine Hot shower install - Pump external, but included - unlimited hot water at high pressure.
· Grand Prix Vents added for underhood temp cooling
· Blue Fan Clutch with 10,000CST fluid
· Safari Snorkel
· African Outback Drawers with Fridge slide
· CO2 setup
· "Groucho" roof rack - great for RTT's
· Slee stainless steele brake lines
· Drilled/slotted rotors in front from Slee less than 5K miles ago along with new pads
· Front drivers side axle and Birf are brand new Toyota OEM and they are not cheap!
· Front and Rear Diff breathers extended
· Aux Fuse panel in engine bay for always on power
· 400Watt Inverter
· Leather seats completely re-done with new drivers seat cushion
· Additional always on power outlets in front and rear
· George LED map light and overhead light
· Replaced cats with aftermarket as well as muffler and changed pipe to be 3" coming out under the truck, makes it louder, but can't bang it up anymore.
· Poly Performance Heavy Duty Rear Axle Shafts from Slee
· and a bunch of small misc stuff I can't remember
Maintenance: It needs nothing from a maintenance viewpoint
I am real anal when it comes to maintenance. I had the head gasket done so I wouldn't wonder if it would fail
· Had Robbie (powderpig) do headgasket, valve job (Plane head). fuel injectors and misc tune up. I was burning a qt of oil before, haven't burn any oil since. Been 5 years
· Power steering Pump and lines replaced in 2008
· Power steering gearbox rebuilt by Robbie in 2011
· Full up axle job done in early 2010. Redid drivers side (less knuckle) in June 2011 when I replaced Birf and axle with new OEM parts. Replaced inner and out bearings and upgraded to new design spindles on both axles.
· New Radiator installed with SC in 2006. Drain and filled every two years. Last time was Spring 2011. Changed PHH hose at that time
· Also replaced Tstat because I thought I should and any rad hoses that looked worn
· Rear Brakes, rotors and pads done in summer 2010
· Both Front Brake Calipers replaced in Spring 2011 with Toyota remans - just thought I should
· Front rotors (Slotted) and pads (100 series) and full brake flush done in Spring 2011
· Front and rear diffs drained and filled in Summer 2011, Tcase in summer 2010. Change out 4 qts of tranny fluid every year. Full transmission fluid exchange done in 2006ish
· Starter contacts have been done
· Spark plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor replaced in Spring 2011 - didn't need it, just did it
· Fuel filter replaced in Spring 2011
· PCV Valve and hoses replaced in 2010
· When re-geared to 4.88's, replaced all the bolts in the assembly so both lockers have been effectively rebuilt
· Always have run synthetic oil. Currently Mobile 1. Run Synth Mobil 1 in diffs and tcase as well
· O2 sensors, EGR and misc other stuff replaced that I can't recall

What doesn't work - Not anything I thought needed fixing
· The rear defroster doesn't work very well. Hasn't been a real issue for me
· I disconnected the diverter for the rear washer spray. Diverter is still there, you can hook it back up. Thought the diverter went out causing my problem with the front. Turns out it was the pump itself which I replaced. Didn't hook the diverter back up after I replaced the front
· The Temp gauge on the A piller sometimes is a little weird, a very low % of the time. Somes it will show it way over temp and sometimes it is pegged at 0, BUT again this is a very rare occurance. I usually compare it to the stock gauge to make sure there are no issues. The problem is either loose wires on the gauge module that sits in the engine bay or the module itself. The gauge and Module were about $50 so this is a cheap repair if you want to. It hasn't bothered me enough to even look at tightening the wires.
Damage:
· I hit my roof rack on a parking garage ceiling and it bent the gutter over the passenger side rear door
· The front ARB bumper on the passenger side is bent in a bit pushing a bit on the flare. The flare is not damaged
· There are a few small dents here and there, nothing major. I did wheel this truck!
· The windshield seal near the top wasn't done right and there was a slight leak for a few inches near the top. I applied some sealant and there is no more leak. The windshield does have a crack along the bottom way out of the field of view
· The bracket on the Tcase skid plate is loose at the bend and could use a weld (The skid plate not the truck). This is the $89 Tcase skid plate Slee use to sell. It's still functional for protection
· The armor has dings and scrapes

I will take a more pictures tonight and post them up
one.jpg
two.jpg
three.jpg

Last edited:
I took pictures of the current condition of the truck. I wax it every year and after wheeling, I sometimes used Scratch X to get the scratches out. I wheel it, but I took good care of it

You can see the WARN 12K M winch. You can't see the cold in and hot out connectors for the shower
025.jpg
024.jpg
023.jpg

Some shots of the engine showing the TRD SC, Twine Heat Exchanger (Shower) and the Hellroaring dual battery setup with two fairly new Die Hard Platinums ($189 each). These are the same as the Odyssey Batteries
026.jpg
027.jpg
028.jpg

Some interior shots showing the new leather I installed a few years ago. Still looks new. I can get better pics and you can also checkout the ROTW link in the first post
004.jpg
008.jpg
007.jpg

Now some Damage.

The worst is where the roof rack bar hit the roof of a parking garage and net up the gutter there. The roof is fine and I slid the roof rack clamp down

the other two are of a couple of small scrapes
005.jpg
damage1.jpg
dmage-2.jpg

another damage where the arb bumper wing was bent on a rock. Could easily be straightened

You can see the shower water input connector thats capped on the bumper
017.jpg

How about some storage drawers and a fridge slide. These are the African Outback model that can no longer be sourced in the US. The ARB similar system is $1600

You can see the 400Watt inverter

There are also two always on aux power connectors

Note: The tools in the drawer do not go with the truck :D
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg

The SCION Radio. I like this radio because I can put 6 MP# CDs in that hold 10 hours of music each.

In the glove box you can see the IPOD adapter. It also has a second interface for an Aux input (Computer, MP3 player, etc) I used it with the laptop I had and thats why you see it dangling over the Hazard light

You can also see the Midland CB Radio and the Boost and Temp gauges on the A Pillar
019.jpg
020.jpg
011.jpg

NICE RIG!!!

What kind of MPG's do you get on the Highway with the SC and 4.88's?

NICE RIG!!!

What kind of MPG's do you get on the Highway with the SC and 4.88's?

12-13 MPG depending on how fast I am going. Thats a guess, I stopped logging and tracking several years ago. I should note I am typically driving on the highway at 80+, I'm sure the MPG goes up when you drive more conservatively :D

Last edited:
$17,000 seems like a steal. Good luck with the sale, I like a f/s post that is properly priced. This won't last.

Thanks Nolan

Good luck with the sale Ken

You should wheel the 100 some before you sell your LX450, a nice one this will be hard to find when you come back. Just say'in:D

I have a project I want to do thats a lot like what Gary did with his 80/45/100 or more like IRON Pigs

I want to build a 40 on an 80 structure

I noticed I forgot one picture in full disclosure. I upgraded all 4 speakers to the Xfinity series. Sounds awesome with the SCION (Pioneer) stereo. The rear passnegr stock cover does not want to go on the speaker. There are ways to get it on, but I didn't want to glue the speaker permentaly on

Could also get other covers for the rear. Just hasnt been an issue for me
006.jpg

Good luck with the sale BTW! Wish I could afford to take it off your hands!

Nice! Welcome to the 100 Section...

One thing I didn't see (and might have missed) was anything referring to lockers. Does it have anything?

- Sent from a better phone than an iPhone

Good catch , yes it has lockers

Wow. I can't belive the response. Two offers and a third person looking for financing and a forth going to call me back. No deal as yet, one of the offers is close.

Wow. I can't belive the response. Two offers and a third person looking for financing and a forth going to call me back. No deal as yet, one of the offers is close.

Well,

It looks like a solid truck, good history, and treated right. Plus the mods are almost exactly what alot on this board are looking for.
I dont think you need it but GLWTS, enjoy the 100 fourm:flipoff2:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom