For Sale 1996 Locked 80 Series 126,000, new paint, beauty! feeler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is a feeler - the only reason I'm considering selling is I have an option to buy an 100 series. Still not sure I would actually do it but here goes the feeler

I am the second owner, I bought the car from a friend about 2 years ago. I mainly drive it around town so have just put 10k miles on it since owning it. Super reliable, no issues, has been my pet project to fix the truck up

126,000 miles

located in Santa Cruz, CA

Complete body restoration completed a year ago: car was fully stripped for body work and paint. Fenders removed, all dings removed, immaculate body, new paint, new headliner. Body painted dark green original color. Cost was about $5,500

Sound deadening added while car was disassembled

New underhood heat shield, new window seals on all windows

Front and rear speakers upgraded (polks in front, focals in back, underseat subwoofer under drivers seat), stereo upgraded (Pioneer touch screen with backup camera, handsfree bluetooth, bluetooth music streaming HD radio)

Miscellaneous fixes and upgrades made: Power front seats both work (did the Gamaviti gear replacement to get the passenger seat working), interior lights all replaced with LEDs, Toyota cup holder added above stereo instead of pocket, probably other things I'm not thinking of.

Leather is in ok condition: front passenger seat has small rip, driver seat seam is coming un-sewn, rear bench leather in better shape, third row seat leather is in great shape.

Replaced spark plugs, rotor, cap, ignition wires a year ago, coolant flush, oil change, full service

New Brigestone tires a year ago

New rear brake pads a year ago

Headlights upgraded to custom xenons made by another forum member

I would sell for $14,000 if someone local made an offer, assuming the 100 series I am considering is still available, I probably won't sell this if the 100 series is no longer available.

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

Last edited:
any chance to get some interior pics? Is the car still for sale. I'm not exactly local but could be if it was still an option:)

Some more pictures! I don't have any good interior ones, will take some tomorrow.

The 100 series I was looking at sold today so I'm thinking about what to do :) Love this truck but my wife would like the comfier interior of an 100 series...

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

Before body work and some interior pictures. I will take better ones.

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

Looks nice -
How's the suspension (original stock?) and front end (axle) holding up?
Any leaks?

The suspension is original stock I think (not lifted or anything). It looks lifted because of the flair/fender removal. Prior owner replaced shocks relatively recently before I bought it. The truck doesn't leak a drop of oil.

Front end axle is great as far as I know - I assume it would do something noticeable if it wasn't? This truck is so reliable, I haven't had to do any work on it since I got it - meaning it's always started right up and taken me where I wanted to go without firing off warning lights left and right like newer cars (my wife's BMW for example!). I've done plenty of work on it, but just preventative maintenance - she's never let me down.

Only 'issues' I can think of are:

- There's some vibration under breaking so the rotors could be replaced. I tried to persuade my mechanic to change them when he did the pads but he didn't want my money - he said they were fine and not worth replacing (said something about you need to repack bearings when you change rear rotors). Despite the vibration, the breaks feel strong and fine - I take it over a windy mountainous road here in santa Cruz (highway 17) and it feels great even when you need to stop short.

- As mentioned leather, especially front seat bottoms. They are stiff despite frequent oiling with leatherique. Front driver seat bottom has a seam that's coming unsewn and passenger seat bottom has a small tear which you can see in the photos. The backs are in good shape. Back seat bench is much softer and better - has one nick. If I keep the truck, shane's leather is on my ToDo list some day. The steering wheel leather also is worn around the top. Still overall the leather is in quite good shape for it's age. Probably helped that prior owner had neoprene seat covers on them when I bought the truck.

Hi there, what's the latest? Are you definitely selling or still "feeling" as you shop for a 100 series? Thanks ~

Hello, I am selling if a good buyer at the right price comes along. I do want to try an 100 series. Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom