1996 fzj high timing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Broke out thetiming light today to check the base timing on my 1996. Jumped te1 to e1 and started the truck. It's reading 12-13* of advance with thr adjustment slott bottomed out.

Is there somethint im missing, or did the po mess something up?

Ive been chasing a slight stumble at idle when under 1000rpm as well.

Slot just means that the distributor housing wasn't timed well when reinstalled in the head, probably after replacing the seal. Book calls for 10 degrees advanced when terminals are shorted, engine runs ok at 0 degrees advance as well when terminals are shorted. Runs better at 10 degrees advanced though

Slot just means that the distributor housing wasn't timed well when reinstalled in the head, probably after replacing the seal. Book calls for 10 degrees advanced when terminals are shorted, engine runs ok at 0 degrees advance as well when terminals are shorted. Runs better at 10 degrees advanced though

What book calls for 10deg advanced? Should be 3deg. Some will run 6-8 with good results .

My bad, was guessing it was 10 when shorted. It shows 10 when not shorted. For about 100k miles I ran it at 0 degrees shorted, after advancing it to what the book shows it idles at a better rpm and acceleration improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom