For Sale 1989 FJ62 - lifted, 187k (Philadelphia Area) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is my 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 with 187k on the clock. Lifted, on 33's. The truck runs well and is in great shape for a now east coast vehicle but needs a little bit of TLC and maintenance (see items below). I've done a lot of work since my short time owning. Here's a little bit of history:

I bought this in November of 2015 from West Virginia, before then it lived its life in California up to about ~100k. Drove it home 4 hours to Philadelphia. I have no records of anything or history before my ownership.

Immediately following that I did a tune up/oil change and drove it 8 hrs to Vermont hitting major snowstorms on the way. The heat and 4x4 work great and the truck exceeded my expectations. Since then I have done the following...

-Full tune up (oil change, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, belts, air filter, fuel filter)
-New fuel pump
-All new vacuum lines
-Knuckle Service Kit from Marlin Crawler with new timken wheel bearings and fresh front diff fluid
-New Catalytic Converter/Muffler and piping out the back
-New CSF Radiator/Hoses/Thermostat
-OEM Oil Pan Gasket

Things that need attention:

-Power Steering Pump is starting to groan
-Fan Clutch has always ran 90% the time. Not sure if this is normal or not, may need a new one.
-Valve Cover Seeping (new OEM gasket included)
-Dash Crack (New Dash Cover included)
-Needs brakes (new rotors, pads, and shoes included)

I have done all the work to it thus far following the FSM which is included, but the truck is going to a local shop for a coolant leak when the engine shuts off and cools down. It dripped behind the front passenger wheel and I couldn't locate it.

Runs great for its mileage, starts up every damn time and idles right at 650rpm. The transmission shifts very well in my opinion, could even be better with a fluid change. There is some rust on the body (see photos), but at this stage its very repairable. Frame is rusted - practically all surface rust. Interior is in great shape with only a tear on the drivers seat.

I live in downtown Philadelphia and am selling because I simply do not need this at the time. The time will come again to own a cruiser - when I have a driveway and a space to keep it.

Truck is located in Medford, NJ currently. Asking $6,800 OBO for MUD members. Let's talk!

Detailed photos:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5U3tFWnlimFUjQ3bVhZNzdQMFU

Can I ask why you are selling? Seems like a great deal. Pics on drive look good..

To elaborate on why I'm selling, I simply don't need a vehicle right now. My commute to work is a five minute bike ride and I hate keeping this on the streets of Philly. It was pretty much my weekend warrior. If I had a garage to store it in the city, I would NOT be selling this.

If this Cruiser was from the Martinsburg area, i used to see it around and it looked nice but never saw it up close.

BUMP!!! Found out a couple days ago the head gasket is blown, and the leak was in the heater core. Selling as-is for 4k! Come get it!

Still runs, however hot, so will need a tow home.
P8284465.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom