For Sale 1988 Japanese BJ74 in Seattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well...like everyone else says, I don't want to do this, but...happy wife, happy life.

I know, they're ALL from Japan. But this one was sold in Japan and used in Japan till imported to the states in 2013 = minimal rust

I'm not super versed in the LC speak the way most of you gentleman are, so please ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Here are the details:

1987-88 BJ74, very stock. Only modifications are the 12v stereo system, and Old Man EMU suspension upgrade that was done last summer which was done by Torfab in Mukilteo (now in Everett, look them up. They do great work and specialize in LCs) It rides WAY better after the upgrade.

Automatic
RHD
Factory cable lockers
13B-T engine
Real 3 piece Spanish rims
Wench (not sure of its operation, have yet to try it)
Very minimal rust. I'll try and take close up pictures of what I can find.
No rear seat belts
Original paint and decals
The top does not appear to have ever been off, but does of course does come off. And the windshield does fold down.
Suspension seats

Starts and runs like a top, absolutely perfect. Steers nice and feels great. It has not been abused at all as you can tell by the pictures. I've used it as a daily driver around Seattle/Burien/Bellevue for the past 2 years. When I bought it, I didn't expect all the attention it would get. If you don't like people looking at you wondering what you're driving, or random folks giving you thumbs up and the shaka, this isn't for you.

Needs:
Rear seat belts
Rear defrost does not appear to be working. Might just be a fuse. I'll try to work that out as time permits.

Please email me at caltrimmer@hotmail dot com if interested. I'm sure I'm missing a lot, I'll update the ad as I think of stuff.

Asking $20k. Happy to help with shipping.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Pics of the rust? Would your wife be even happier if you traded it for a 2006 Sienna with 79k miles? Either way, very interested, sent a email.

Last edited:
Can't believe I forgot that stuff...

171k miles (276k km)
Clean Washington title, in my name. Currently registered. I drive it.
Purchased from an importer.

Would your wife prefer this? I am just starting to get interested in a trade for my fun toy. It's reliable enough to drive daily - with a freshly built 93 Corvette engine! You'll get lots of looks and thumbs up as well!
IMG_1873.jpg

Is this still for sale? Is the PTO not connected? Wish this was a 5speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom