1986 Toyota Sahara HJ61 - Real Value??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1986 HJ61 Toyota Landcruiser Sahara, Turbo Diesel for $4,000.00 and was just wondering whether it is likely to maintain this price for any period of time or whether it's age (regardless of it's condition, which is excellent) is going to make it impossible for me to move if I decide to sell it in a year or so for say even $2,500.

Does anyone know the "real" market value of these vehicles now?

If its in excellent condition like you said and doesnt have heaps of ks 4gs is a good price, they tend to loose value quick when the 12ht has done heaps of work

Yeah I agree, it all depends on the condition of the 12HT.
I've seen a few rebuilt 12HTs on ebay, and that easily go for 5 grand, on an exchange basis. And that's just the engine.

If you have the means to do so, get the compression tested.

Could go up in value! In two years you may get $5k.

depends a bunch on what country your in. but it should maintain similar pricing for a year or two. are there many of them in similar shape for sale?

Go the 60's

Greetings sleepchallenged,

mate, i wouldn't worry, i've seen good condition hj60's go for $9,500.
Why would you sell it in a year's time?
Cheers bouncy.

.....and by the way, "a 12ht will pull the ss queen mary and climb the side of a house"
cheers bouncy

I'd guess that just like many used landcruisers, the vehicle you are considering would maintain its value.

The market for used cruisers isn't large, so defining a market value is hard (too few data points). $4K sounds like a great price to me, possibly on the low side.

Depreciation is not the cost to worry about, it's deferred maintenance. Depending on the condition of the truck, you could easily put $4K or more into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom