For Sale 1986 FJ60 - SF Bay Area *Sale Postponed* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***Sale of the truck is being postponed indefinitely awaiting smog related repairs***

The time is finally here for me to move on to the next truck. I don't really want to sell it, but with a long commute and a desire to do more long distance travel, my 60 just isn't what I need right now. Sort of interesting that this is also my 1,000th post here on IH8MUD...

The previous owner was a BMW Master Tech and went through and did some preventative maintenance that included a partial engine re-seal and a refreshed cylinder head among other things. He also installed the OME/4+ 4" lift with shackle reversal and 33x12.5 BFG A/T's.

The truck currently has 211,000 miles on it, with the original drivetrain. Asking $12,000.

I got this truck when I was 18 and proceeded to repair and improve it over the years. All of the details of everything that has been done to the truck can be found in my project thread here: The Machinist's "Project" Thread: 86' FJ60 [Lots Of Pics]

New or Replaced parts:
  • Brakes
    • Brake master cylinder
    • Upgraded brake booster from a second gen 4runner
    • Stainless steel brake lines
    • Brake rotors, "Mountain" brand (high quality)
  • Engine
    • All vacuum lines replaced with high quality silicone tubing
    • Alternator and voltage regulator replaced
    • New distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires and spark plugs
    • New drivers side motor mount (commonly needed repair for dried out rubber, but annoying to get to)
    • PCV Valve
    • Harmonic balancer
    • A/C converted to r134a
  • Cooling System
    • New 3 core Champion aluminum radiator
    • New fan clutch
    • New water temp gauge and sensor (Autometer)
  • Steering
    • NEW Toyota power steering pump
    • Rebuilt steering gearbox
    • New high and low pressure lines to and from pump and gearbox
    • Steering knuckle rebuild with new Marlin Crawler inner axle seals, new trunnion bearings
    • OME Nitrocharger steering stabilizer
    • New tie-rod and draglink ends
Upgrades:
  • UrbanLandCruiser's wire upgrade kit
  • 4+ front bumper
  • Whiteknuckle Offroad Sliders
  • Extended sway bar links
  • OME Nirtocharger shocks
  • Windows tinted 70% up front and 22% in the rear
  • 2" receiver hitch
  • Procar front seats
  • Larger, padded center console
  • New Alpine radio with Bluetooth, AUX, USB and CD
  • Interior refresh including new carpet padding, new rear cargo area carpet, new rear cargo area side panels, and thorough application of "QuietCrap" sound dampening mat.
  • 1.5" wheel spacers from JustDifferentials.com
  • Very bright PFran LED bulbs in the reversing lights
  • PFran interior light LED's
The winch and LED light bar/pods will not be included with the sale.

Other parts that I will be selling separately are a pair of NEW window crank mechanisms for the front doors, and NEW 4+ U-bolt flip kits for both the front and rear. (probably some other stuff I cant think of off-hand right now, too)

From Day one...

Its in my driveway! by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

...To where it is now,.. this truck has grown just as much as I have in the last few years.

Sierra Buttes by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickrr

Seats:

Untitled by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

New brake master cylinder and booster:

20140622_003242 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

New fan clutch and cleaned fan:

DSC_0447 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

New 3-core Champion aluminum radiator:

New radiator by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Sound deadener install:

Solo Fall Color Camping Trip by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Gold Lake : FJ60 LandCruiser by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Gold Lake : FJ60 LandCruiser by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Corral Hollow 10/12/14 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

_DLV5900 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Asking price? Photos? Video? All would help immensely in the consideration. Thanks!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will regret bud.just sayin. GLWS

dang. I still want this thing. Want my 80? lol.
I was hoping you'd find this thread, it'd make for pretty cool story if you ended up with it. Unfortunately I can't do a trade for it since I need to pay off the loan for the 4runner Im replacing it with. :/

I was hoping you'd find this thread, it'd make for pretty cool story if you ended up with it. Unfortunately I can't do a trade for it since I need to pay off the loan for the 4runner Im replacing it with. :/
Yeah that would be awesome. I've got an offer for the 80 but it's short of your asking price.

Yeah that would be awesome. I've got an offer for the 80 but it's short of your asking price.
Well I'll be gone on vacation for the next two weeks and I won't be posting it on Craigslist or showing it for at least a week or two after that, so it won't be going anywhere for the time being. With the price, I have a little bit of room to negotiate, but the closer to the list the easier it will be to pay off the new truck.

Let me know if your 80 sells, I'd really prefer to keep the truck in enthusiast hands. :)

Looks like you've had some great adventures in her. Any additional pictures of the interior?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom