1980 FJ40 Madogeoff Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...been a while since I had my Cruisers, ...also been looking to change that the last few years, ...so as fifteen grand trickled into fifteen hundred, I recently pounced upon a functioning turquoise/blue 1980 FJ40 hunting truck, while balking over her frame and chassis mounts...

just saying hi 'cause I may be in the market for some available parts that you folks may know of locally.

EARLY THOUGHTS

Basically, the front end is staying stock, although a fair bit of welding needed

The tub and floorpan were built from heavy gage (est.1/8 in.) about a decade or so ago, I think it is still substantial enough for welding up the tub completely, ... but I am concerned about fabricating bed support channels and chassis mounts, (as they are totally rotted) ...as how to design them and to meet whatever ministry standards are required for an unfit vehicle to get a licence again.

Otherwise the truck is good with everything running except the wipers and indicator lights. Tires, shocks and brakes are also good.

WAS ROLLED,

needs roof and sides.
or corner windows and corner frames for top and bottom curved ends

ambulance doors any year

stock or made to fit FJ40 fuel tank and filler assembly with door

Under body fuel tank brackets

A few more weeks planning this out and then off with the body and go at the frame...

Cheers Geoffrey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom