For Sale 1977 fj40/45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok I know this isn't a true 45 but it does have a cut down 45 bed on it. This started out as a 77 fj40 that was cut just behind the doors to make the cab. The frame was cut and extended 32 inches to make room for the 5ft bed. The bed came from a 64 fj45 swb. The back quarters were rotted off (don't flip out you purist) and we used the rear quarters that we cut off the fj40 to complete the bed. This project has been in the works for a few years. I had it at SNT for the 10 year anniversary. It now has a 5.3 from pacific fabrication BTB LS aluminum radiator, th400 with Art Carr shifter, and Atlas. 5.29 gears with front and rear ARB's. Front is spring over with 4x4 labs high steer kit and longfields. Rear is 4 link with 1 1/4 heim joints and quarter elliptical with disc brakes. It has 5 excellent condition ( spare has never been on the truck) Goodyear MTR's 40 inch mounted to 17"american racing teflon coated wheels. There is a full roll cage frame mounted with 2 Corbeau seats. Warn 8274, Soft top was custom made along with the rear cover (not shown). The top level of the rack has been removed and the tent is mounted flush with the top now. 16 gallon
IMG_1349.JPG
Fuel cell in the bed and a very comfortable RTT. Truck was taken to Alaska a couple of years ago for a Non-official Alaska Trek. This is a very dependable truck that is driven locally quite often. I am asking $32,500. I hate to sell but I have my eye on another project. I am located just North of Atlanta Ga.

Thanks for looking.
IMG_1176.JPG

This thread SCREAMS for more pics! Front Pinion angle with SOA, rear 4 link anchor points, yada yada. IOW, Vanna, show 'em what they'll get!

Folks, in case it hasn't registered, this cab has got a s***-ton more legroom for us tall folks than a 'standard' cab.

Legroom=good.:clap:
Mark, you would be correct on the emissions disclaimer....totally slipped my mind. We don't have that problem here in the south. i will post more pics of the under carriage tomorrow.
How about DIESEL's on the west coast...I have a 74 with a 4BT, th400 and Atlas on Tons I could let go also if anyone is interested...

Anything older than a 76 is emissions exempt.

Mark, you would be correct on the emissions disclaimer....totally slipped my mind. We don't have that problem here in the south. i will post more pics of the under carriage tomorrow.
How about DIESEL's on the west coast...I have a 74 with a 4BT, th400 and Atlas on Tons I could let go also if anyone is interested...

Anything older than a 76 is emissions exempt.

Might want to check that with the AZ guys. I remember @DSRTRDR telling me at one point AZ did a rollback all the way to 1966. :eek:

Awesome!.... I so want to bring this to Texas! How firm is the price?

Got more pics of the engine bay, undercarriage, suspension set up, any rust, etc? You can pm them to me if you would rather do that.
Thanks!

I had the pleasure of joining Tate and Henry on that last Alaska trip and can tell you that I lost several pounds from drooling over this rig during our adventure. I doubt I'll ever forget Tate motoring across that muskeg bog while the rest of us mere mortals watched with mouths agape. This is a seriously nice rig folks!

Few more things I forgot to mention. Axles are fj60, front springs outboarded. Fj60 power steering box.
Only rust is on the drivers door....just a few small bubbles.

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

I think this should cover all the pics.
Just one more thing, Thank you to all that have said great things to say about this truck. It has been a blast and has done everything that I set out to do. To everyone looking, Its not a trailer queen. I drove it from LA to Pismo and wheeled it for a week and drove back to LA. We were in Alaska for about 2 weeks and drove the heck out of it with only a few minor repairs. IT HAS SOME SCRATCHES.

Thank you....Tate

Two things that I would do to it.
Install a working fuel gauge
Replace heater. Current one has a very minor drip.

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

This is what it looked like after Hendog tested it at Royal Blue. It floated over obstacles, and great power out on the highway.

After IMG_20140105_133530_613.jpg

Got a build thread on any forum? How wide of a trailer does it need?

Got a build thread on any forum? How wide of a trailer does it need?
I don't have a build thread.. I've owned this cruiser for 9-10 years. Its been a work in progress for several years.
It goes on a standard car trailer. 83" between my trailer fenders and it fits fine.

What size trailer do you have?

IMG_20140628_143312_618.jpg

If I get rid of my Ram EcoDiesel this week I'm calling you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom