1974 Fj40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First, I apologize for starting a new thread on this build, but it's been a couple years since I last posted.

I just completed everything but paint and finish upholstery and thought I would start a new clean thread of the complete build to this point. Sadly, I will be selling this build and decided it might be best for the next owner to pick the color and materials for the finish.
IMG_4003[1].JPG

Yep, still no paint on the aluminum tub...

Some specifics on this build:
Powertrain- GM LC9 Vortec 5.3 with 4L60E trans, late model FJ60 split transfer case with twin sticks.
Body- Aqualu FJ40 stretched 10"
Suspension- King coil overs on all four corners, Spidertrax 9 axles, ARB front and rear lockers, 3 link up front with 4 link trailing arms in the rear.
HVAC- Vintage Air Magnum IV
Gauges- Dakota Digital cluster

Here are some early photos setting the engine and fabrication of the brackets (engine, trans, T case). All fabrication, suspension work done by a professional shop in California. I only wish I had this kind of welding skills...
IMG_0212.jpg
motormount.jpg
transmount.jpg
transmountcenter.jpg
transmountleft.jpg

Last edited:
1974 hood I got from a fellow mud member in perfect condition. I had it blasted, and powder coated from a great nearby shop that I will be using extensively with this build...
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom