1967 FJ45: South Carolina - Vintage Offroad resto! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1967 FJ45: South Carolina

I recently came into possession of this truck. Many of you know the real history. It’s in nice shape, but the headliner and door panels are saggy.

My friend bought it from a guy in Florida about 1.5 - 2 years ago for $11,000

You can see pics of the restoration on the “sold” section of Vintageoffroad.com: [url=http://www.vintageoffroad.com/viewvehicle.cfm?id=515]FJ40, FJ45 & FJ55 Toyota Land Cruisers, Land Rovers and Unimogs Call 24/7 (313) 414-3540[/URL]

Mechanically the truck seems solid, but has one issue. The passenger front axle spline is sheared and needs to be replaced.

Here is a link to pics I just took:
[url=http://witkowski.smugmug.com/Other/Toyota-FJ45-Land-Cruiser/14711033_aSK6m#1095874969_vQH9G]Toyota FJ45 Land Cruiser - witkowski's Photos[/URL]

Please feel free to email for more details. I am close to the Savannah, GA airport and would gladly help with shipping or making other arrangements.

Asking $5,750

1095875550_iAzAT-M.jpg

1095875620_JFxgN-M.jpg

1095875957_zqECx-M.jpg

1095876548_dAHpo-M.jpg

Last edited:
I am a BMW guy and hang out on those boards quite a bit, but I know when flames are coming!!

I also found out 3 secs after I posted that Vintage Offroad has a bad rep!

I have good feedback on ebay and have sold several cars to "out of towners" that flew in as far as New Mexico. I also have good feedback on other boards if anyone needs to check me out.

wittycow, a lot of what you posted is not true. that truck was restored by tjdiv a well known mudder. vintage offroad later flipped it from the guy who bought it from tjdiv and took tommy's photos without permission. vintage offroad has a terrible reputation on mud.

no way can your ad stay here the way you typed it, so i'll give you a choice. you can either edit it significantly to remove most of the claims you have made, or it will be moved to chat where it will see a lot of exposure but you can expect to be educated about the actual history of the truck and who vintage offroad is.

in the mean time, mudders please hold off the obvious comments you could make here and give the guy a chance to decide. however, please feel free to post links to threads that tell the true history of this truck without any comment.

As, I said, I am well versed in message boards and take pride in my rep. Thank you for the chance to correct the info. I do not know all the history as my ad said. I will adjust it.

thanks wittycow :cheers:

Wow. Just wow. Are those Thornbirds?

Hell yes they are. You're just jealous!!! :D

For $5K I'd take it back....that was a fun rig.... x1.8billion on Vintage being synonymous with uber-douche.

Just out of curiosity how is the Durabak holding up? I still have Durabak boogers from spraying that truck.
I didn't care for the Chevy engine, but it moved the tank along all the same...

Good luck with the sale. If it makes you feel any better I took a hell of a loss when I sold it. It's sort of like you're banging my ex GF from High School. I'm over it. :)

-Tom

I went ahead and posted the link on the U.P. Overland Facebook Page

Last edited:
Why not edit the craigslist ad as well? Now that the seller is educated on vintage, he should be honest about "Complete restoration" and remove that dirt smeared vintage from the ad all together. It would probably sell a lot faster ;)

Sold!

I will let the new owner chime in. Thanks for all the info and help!

First vintage cruiser

I was pleased with the transaction. Wiitcow's description was spot on. I will let everyone know outcome of the axle when I get a chance. I hope to start a build thread......if only i knew how?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom