130 or 150 amp Alternator upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 150 is a Sequoia alternator. It is a bigger case and does require Bill's bracket.

Thanks for the info.

I am still puzzled to discover for which vehicle the people at Powermaster sourced the bigger case 170 amp alt from Denso USA that fit so well the FZJ engine as did on mine and doesn't require any bracket ?

As I explained before in another post I only needed to purchase a 80 series pulley, machine it's shaft diameter to fit the wider shaft of the replacement alt since the kit came with a round to inline plug adapter !!!!!

Any updates on the bracket?

If this question is about the bracket I designed and machined then there are still some available but I am currently not making any more. I also have a supply of the electrical connectors. If interested Pm me.

I have regretfully started a new thread about this conversion to separate my involvement in it.

Slapping a 130 amp alternator to the 1FZ has turned out to be very doable. The most difficult part is the adjustment bracket for the lower mount, it needs to be custom made. Not something I am keen on cutting out by hand multiple times...

A friend of mine recently purchased a 2D CAD CAM Plasma table, mass production of this bracket is suddenly easy... how many people want this? If enough people show interest, I'll crunch the numbers.

Read this post for more info Upgrading the alternator??
Have any ???? I wann a get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom