100 series A/C bypass belt? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to bypass the A/C compressor on a 1999 LX470? -Does anyone know what size belt?
The compressor still works, but the bearing on the pulley sounds like gravel. I am hoping to keep the car on the road while I pull the pulley and decide whether I can replace the bearing or need to replace the compressor if the shaft is worn.
Thanks

AFAIK all 2UZ's were designed with an a/c compressor in place, without it the serpentine belt wouldn't be... serpentining? You would need a dummy idler pulley in its place at a minimum.

You probably could if you wanted to. The new route would be as follows. Not sure it is worth it. If you go to Gates literature, they have a section how to decipher the belt codes (length, ribs, etc). We did the opposite of you, we added a compressor and an idler pulley.

IMG_9259.jpeg

You probably could if you wanted to. The new route would be as follows. Not sure it is worth it. If you go to Gates literature, they have a section how to decipher the belt codes (length, ribs, etc). We did the opposite of you, we added a compressor and an idler pulley.

View attachment 3544542

I didn't consider ditching the idler as well, good thinking. The crank pulley would still have adequate belt wrap.

Juice not worth the squeeze, IMO.

Thanks. I will wrap a string and see if I can come up with a measurement. I figured I would ask in case someone had already found a belt that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom