06 07 headlights for 2005 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi , first of all i did searches and found valuable info on the subject but could someone out there explain to me the modification to be made on the piece of trim right under the headlight itself ...i know that the 06/07 piece has a different shape kind of slanted towards the grille. is it just a matter of ordering the 2 pieces , painting them , and bolting them (are they even bolted ?)
or is it more involved than that ?, anybody modified their 2005 lights that way?... the reason that i want the 06/07 headlights is that they are more suitable for xenon H-I-D . the reflector part for the low beam being smaller and somewhat separated from the high beam reflector on the 06/07 lights. there are just not enough good choices for after market light assy for the 100...
i am posting 2 pics , one of my vehicule and the other one a generic web pic of the 06/07 model headlight...
thank you . Erick.
1b.jpg
1a.jpg

tsobrado thanks but the post (that i saw before) refers to a 2003 to a 2007 look , i have a 2005 with the taller grille similar to the 06/07 that part i do not have to change...and it doesn't show and explain in details on how to modify the trim piece under the headlights...thanks anyway, Erick.

ok so the 2 parts are connected and it is called the lower front apron , my mistake .....and i guess it is bolted down and could cost as much as $200....!

For a little over $1K, you could just mail your OEM headlamps to illusion lighting and have them retrofit HID projector lamps into your headlights. You can choose from ECE (e-code) or DOT HID projectors.

Jim_Chow, thanks for the info , although for $1000 i could do the 06 retrofit and put HID's that fit in the original bulb location.

i could not send my original lights , i need them every day on my vehicle...

by the way what is the URL of that illusion lighting company , i Yahoo'd it and found a web site in australia or others non car related....!

thanks though....Erick.

I couldn't find their website (website is for sale)...guess they went belly up:) Here's another similar shop..you could always buy an extra set of headlamps, ship 'em there for retrofit, then install them yourself with no down time. Their prices seem cheap...$100 for a pr of HID projectors, plus $300 for labor (that's what my local toyota dealer charges for 2 hrs labor!).

HIDtech.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom