‘04 LX470 Cluster Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning All—

First post but long time reader here…. I’ve searched but haven’t been able to find the answer to this…. My LX470 was having cluster issues with the Speedometer and finally went dead— I sent my cluster in to a reputable place on here— and when I got it back the Speedo and tach didn’t “swing” on power-up…. Ok, I feel like I’ve lost my mind and questioning my sanity here if the two of them would “swing” (all the way up and back) on power up…. Anyone else have this issue if they had cluster work done-? Is this because they may have used Toyota part vs LX specific part-? Any suggestions on 1) that it indeed did swing on power up 2) if it’s an “aftermarket” motor that I need to source a Lexus branded one for the replacement 3) the sanity piece is — well, it ain’t comin back.

Thanks for the help/responses in advance-!

Jason
2004 LX470

so do the gauges work normally after the repair? was the work done by Tanin electronics? They seem to be the go-to for repair on these.

so do the gauges work normally after the repair? was the work done by Tanin electronics? They seem to be the go-to for repair on these.
So- the gauges worked before- it was just the speedo— they were fine— (the bright backlight was legit as well)— but no swing on power up…. Yes- it was Tanin…. My brother has a 100-series LC, and his didn’t swing…. Cluster as back with tanin— waiting for what I would like to do— just looking for some input as to see why they aren’t swinging after repair

I would guess that they replaced the "stepper motors" with ones that are slightly different from OEM. How much was the repair? Did you inquire with Tanin on the difference?

I would guess that they replaced the "stepper motors" with ones that are slightly different from OEM. How much was the repair? Did you inquire with Tanin on the difference?
I did— the young man I am speaking with stated that they used OE Steppers— but it makes no sense why they wouldn’t swing anymore.

Any chance you know or have seen any videos of it on start up “swinging”?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom