center pocket. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is the neat little pocket................and don't give me crap about the cigs........I needed something for reference :D
88862835.jpg

and I added another pocket today, but getting rid of the POS stock headunit, damn thing went out again and I didn't feel like replacing it with the stock unit again, even for free.

so I had a Eclipse CD5444 installed, this is a SWEET unit! sounds SO much better
http://www.eclipse-web.com/index_cd.html

88862837.jpg

best part is I paid only $200 for it, I had some unused extended warantees from my home stereo, neat program, if you buy an extended warantee and dont need it, in 3-5 years you can go back and get the value back as in store credit, I had $300 coming to me. Magnolia HiFi is such a nice outfit to deal with :)

That's great- "handy as a pocket on a shirt," so to speak. Did they install the radio and pocket or was it diy?

Great storage solutions! Do you know if a "bin" is available to replace the cover just to the right of the fan dial (just below the right side vent)?

Pimp - the head unit looks...pimp. How did you decide on the Eclipse? Did you use Toyo amp, or wire around it, or...? Definitely cool to have the extra storage - I gotta do that.

I had one our 62, I have one in our 60, and its made by Fujitsu Ten. I just like the the units, they don't look like Toyko at night......and are simple to use. I have 4 Alpines, they are all good units.

this sounds SO SO SO much better then the stock unit. I will proly replace a few speakers next.

If I am reading the manual right, it looks like I can record from the units CD to the units memory card............why ya would do that I dunno though?

ATLcrusher said:
Pimp - the head unit looks...pimp. How did you decide on the Eclipse? Did you use Toyo amp, or wire around it, or...? Definitely cool to have the extra storage - I gotta do that.

No idea, I didn't even know the little pocket was around untill someone posted it last week.

spressomon said:
Great storage solutions! Do you know if a "bin" is available to replace the cover just to the right of the fan dial (just below the right side vent)?

it looks about the right size for spare change instead of me using the ashtray for that. i guess i will find out tomorrow when i go pick mine up from parts

calamaridog said:
OMG, that's a GM change holder! Why didn't you get the Toyota change holder, it is built to last.

Didn't know Toyota made one!

Landpimp said:
If I am reading the manual right, it looks like I can record from the units CD to the units memory card............why ya would do that I dunno though?

I think it's so you can have a "greatest hits"--basically your favorite songs from a few of your CDs--playable at all times.

Realistically, it's a marketing ploy.

jjbodean1970 said:
it looks about the right size for spare change instead of me using the ashtray for that. i guess i will find out tomorrow when i go pick mine up from parts

Yeah, that's what mine is doing. Its a good place for change and surprisingly, no rattles from the loose coins.

had mine the next day :flipoff2:

I really should have documented the install..............but it took all of 5 seconds ;)

jjbodean1970 said:
damn, mine is on back order, should be in around thursday

I get that alot :D

jjbodean1970 said:
yeah, they said some asshat up in WA got the last one, so i must wait a few more days

oh and why in the heck didn't Toyota just put the pocket in there in the 1st place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom