Lightforce Cover Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious who's running what for lightforce covers. I have a set of 240 XGTs I converted to 70w HID, and I am running a 20" led combo bar.

5000k bulbs are pretty white/slightly blue. I found the clear covers not to work too well both combo and spot covers with the light bar.
The yellow combo covers work great as far as I am concerned. Gives off a light green light and in combination with the light bar is a great combo.

Anyone try the snow blue covers? I'm told they work well for snow and heavy rain fall where the LED bar would be absolutely useless.

I'm thinking about switching my bulbs to the 4300k colour which is more yellow. Should make the yellow covers less green.

I used to have some Striker 170's with the 100w bulbs, and yellow combo covers, I loved them. I never got to try any other filters. Great light dispersion with the combo filters, and the yellow was perfect for my uses. I'm guessing you deal more with close forest lining the roads around you, than wide ditches you need to scan for wildlife like I've got here.

You've got HID's, and LED fill from the lightbar, so you've got a totally different ball of wax than I was working with.

I run 4300k bulbs in the wife's GX470 HID conversion, and love them. Nice white light, great output, looks really clean.

Hi All!

I am new to this site but not THAT new to 4x4-scene :)
I have been running my (pair) 240 XGT`s for the better part of 10 years now.
I too have the blue lense covers for the exact given reason. I currently live in Norway & have to cross the high snowy mountain passes from time to time. There is a HUGE & significant change in light performance with the blue covers on. I have travelled with others using LED`s of different make & they say themselves it is a night/day-difference. I have also tried using the Laser T24 LED bar. A good light but useless in those snowy or wet (rain) conditions.
I have a second set of 240 XGT`s going on soon. I MAY pair them with some 170 Strikers. The Strikers would be fitted with either yellow or amber covers. Yet to be decided upon.
If anyone has experience with either yellow or amber, please post :)

Hi!
I have ran the dark blue ones for the last couple of years. As said; Unbeatable in snow & rain IMO
Uncertain what difference there is to the light blue ones.
Maybe I should oder up a pair & test?

I already run HID's so I have the clear white almost blue color from them.
I run the yellow combos all the time and it gives them a green light output.
Going to order up a set of dark blues at some point.

Sounds good!
Do U find the "green output" appealing? In order words -> Would U recommend the yellow lamp covers?

I have the 240 hand held spotlight for (game)viewing. Messed up when I bought it in Feb & did not get the red lense for it. To be sorted
I am about to order in amber covers for the 240 HID`s. Still undecided on the 170`s
There is a pair of LF Genesis lamps sitting on the shelf ATM, need to figure out when & where to fit.
Looking forward to a bright winter :-D

Ordered up a set of the dark blue combos for my 240s.
I'll see how they work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom