LSJ 73 Resto Mod - The Flying Burrito (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan's rig/wheels from the side. He's got a trailer hooked up, so the rear is (perhaps) a bit low. My wheels will get the same medium gray PC as shown on the skinnies above.

upload_2015-10-4_15-33-0.png

In case this piece of info is useful, on my BJ70 I have 7.5" in front and 8.5" in back with 235/85 R16 Duratracs (just under 32" installed) with an OME lift.

...via IH8MUD app

In case this piece of info is useful, on my BJ70 I have 7.5" in front and 8.5" in back with 235/85 R16 Duratracs (just under 32" installed) with an OME lift.

...via IH8MUD app
Good intel, thanks!

There is something about that wheel. It is my all-time favorite.

STATUS REPORT :bounce::bounce2:

Inner fenders were blasted, repaired and powder coated to match the wheels, roll bar and winch (medium gray).

Windshield/frame on - CHECK
Top on - CHECK
Mounts welded - CHECK
Chassis wired - CHECK
Engine wired - CHECK
Battery box/batteries in - CHECK
Airbox in - CHECK
Radiator in - CHECK
Fluids - pending..........

Will likely fire it up in the next week or so.

Its off to muffler and interior shops in the next week or two then back to Tor's for wrap-up (final interior trim, winch, IBS battery controller, radio/amp/speakers, ELocker, etc.).

One late wrinkle is some dodgy, 30 year old wiper motors. Tor's wizards are working to rebuild the wiper motors along with the heater blower.

It appears that these items are no longer available from Mr. Toyoda.

upload_2015-10-7_18-46-7.png

Oh boy......It'a all warm and fuzzy....:)

Writing large CHECK ..... Pending. :)
Not that bad, Tor is very reasonable, especially for the quality of his crew's work product.

Did I mention seat heat and cruise control? Apple Play Alpine head with reverse cam? Flux capacitor? :)

Anybody want a couple of almost new Interstate batteries in the Seattle area? Didn't quite fit in the new dual-battery box Tor fabbed up.

Free to a good home.

Not that bad, Tor is very reasonable, especially for the quality of his crew's work product.

Did I mention seat heat and cruise control? Apple Play Alpine head with reverse cam? Flux capacitor? :)

Before your head swells too much ....... My seats are very warm in the Summer. (heck they are even cool in the Winter)
I have cruiser control as long as my right leg doesn't cramp.
I can stop by the farmers market and get a number of apple products.
I'm sure I have some kind of capacitor although I don't know where it's located.

Last edited:
Before your head swells too much ....... My seats are very warm in the Summer. (heck they are even cool in the Winter)
I have cruiser control as long as my right leg doesn't cramp.
I can stop by the farmers market and get a number of apple products.
I'm sure I have some kind of capacitor although I don't know where it's located.
:)

Tor tells me I now have an IBS controller in my rig, but I don't know what that is so I looked it up on the Interweb.

Evidently has something to do with irritable bowels...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444342421.368955.jpg

Anybody want a couple of almost new Interstate batteries in the Seattle area? Didn't quite fit in the new dual-battery box Tor fabbed up.

Free to a good home.
As long as they fit in the battery boxes in my BJ70, I'll take them. And it would give me an opportunity to pick up the glove box insert as well. I'll follow up with a PM. Thanks!

That small block sure looks nice nestled between those inner fenders! It probably exudes a lot of testosterone with the ignition in the run position and your right foot baring down on the go pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom