Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome! Another prior Army soldier here!

Welcome Jared. Thanks for your service. I'm a once upon a time Army guy too. I was Avionics for most of it.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Jared!! And thank you for your service!!

Good looking FJ Cruiser you have there!!

Thank you! As much as my fiance doesn't like to admit.. The cruiser is my other favorite family member, haha.

Welcome Jared. Thanks for your service. I'm a once upon a time Army guy too. I was Avionics for most of it.

Larry in El Paso

Larry, You are not too far from my fiances brother. He is a blackhawk mechanic at Bliss. He tells me alot about the area down there. Said he came off leave this last summer and the dash on his Carolla was melted!

@J ROD, I don't want to drive my FJ40 in the heat - no A/C. I mainly drive my little blue car since it has A/C. My FJ40 and my car have the same Texas plate - WB8LBZ - It's a Ham-radio thing. I work at 11339 SSG Sims, across the street from some aviation units.

Larry in El Paso

USN Mobile Construction Battalion 4, NMCB 4, Seabees, Construction Electrician Petty Officer 3rd Class. Vietnam 1968 and 1969, NSA (Naval Support Activity) Danang 1970. That is my '70 40 in the avatar sitting stripped in primer awaiting rust repair and painting. It was built when I was still overseas.

Welcome to the highway David. Thanks for your service. Have you decided on a color once the rust is fixed? Any plans for the drive train?

Larry in El Paso

USN Mobile Construction Battalion 4, NMCB 4, Seabees, Construction Electrician Petty Officer 3rd Class. Vietnam 1968 and 1969, NSA (Naval Support Activity) Danang 1970. That is my '70 40 in the avatar sitting stripped in primer awaiting rust repair and painting. It was built when I was still overseas.

Welcome David and thank you for your service!!

Satin black for the body with some dark gray accents, black interior and a black top. Not real original but I believe it will look good. I get to see it tomorrow when I go to the shop and pay for the weeks work. Once the shop has finished and I can get everything put back in place I will post photos.

I have already upgraded the brakes to 4 wheel disc and installed a 4 speed. I want to install power steering but I fear I will run out of funds before I can get that done.

Welcome David. My first two years in the military were Regular Army, Engineer. I ran a steel wheel roller on a paving crew in Germany.

My name is Steve and I'm a former Army 13F (enlisted) and Infantry (O3). My last duty station was on the banana belt at Ft Carson, but I worked for approximately 5+ years as a contractor in the Middle East. Now I'm getting fat and working a "normal" job in Denver. I have a '69 Pig that is at the tail-end of a heart transplant from my '78 and a newly acquired '94 that needs a LOT of work.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Welcome Steve, what's a 13Foxtrot?

My name is Steve and I'm a former Army 13F (enlisted) and Infantry (O3). My last duty station was on the banana belt at Ft Carson, but I worked for approximately 5+ years as a contractor in the Middle East. Now I'm getting fat and working a "normal" job in Denver. I have a '69 Pig that is at the tail-end of a heart transplant from my '78 and a newly acquired '94 that needs a LOT of work.View attachment 1129195View attachment 1129196

Sorry... I didn't see your pics earlier... Nice trucks! I especially like your pig!!

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks...the Pig is a heart breaker (and money taker). I'm still waiting to get my Bobm floor pans welded and some other details. But it's come a long way from this:
image.jpg

My friends did the bulk of the swap, but I jumped in when/where I could...
image.jpg

Hi Steve. Welcome to the highway. Thanks for your service. Good luck with the transplant. I hope you are keeping your working friends hydrated with ample high quality liquids.

Larry in El Paso

Thanks all for the welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom