Work Clothes .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Wonder what you use when working / wrenching ..?

I like to use my 511 pants and usually ( I don't have low temp problems like never .. ) and something like this on top

4824-1_display.jpg

images

That all works good but when you need to get under your cruiser ( coz your doing something there ) more than twice in 5 minutes it makes me think that something ( speaking about pants mostly ) that stretch but heavy fabric to protect will do it better .. ?

comments experiences are appreciated ..

Dickies coveralls all day. Cut into shorts for summer and full boogie for winter. Keeps the wife happy

Sent from my extremely unreliable mobile device using IH8MUD Forum

Dickies coveralls here too, jeans and a long sleeve tee underneath in winter, semi-commando in summer, gotta have the tightie whities to support the boys.

Old Tru-spec pants from work, lightweight in the summer and with thermals if really cold. Tons of pockets and lots of pockets.

Only this for me

http://www.snickersworkwear.com/

Not sure if they have a dealer in the US,I usually buy mine when I am in Belgium,only complaint is that when grinding directly on the material of the pants they easily damage.

But so much nicer to work with then jeans or coveralls

Joe

A cheap technical fabric shirt (Riddell), shorts, and sandals. Too damn hot for anything else.

I don't buy special clothes for working on vehicles. I just take something that has gotten old and re allocate it to the garage. My current setup involves tan cargo shorts or pants, and a maroon colored t shirt that somehow has never held onto a grease stain. The shorts and pants are disreputable looking at best. I have often thought in the cooler months that some sort of dickies coverall would be pretty sweet.

I just wear old work suit shirt and pants. It's funny when I look like I should be going to the office instead of the shop. However, I have so many old button down shirts that it's a no brainier to use in the shop.

I also use my old dress shoes in the shop. They are comfortable at least. Then i have no issues with just tossing when their finally beat.

Cargo shorts and one of my old uniform shirts with the sleeves cut off for hot weather, cheap pair of coveralls for cooler temps.

the main reason I ask it's when you squat or gotta crawl under your cruiser .. do it 2 times no problem, do it 100 times I look for something more " flexible " much more over the knee area to make my life easier ..

the main reason I ask it's when you squat or gotta crawl under your cruiser .. do it 2 times no problem, do it 100 times I look for something more " flexible " much more over the knee area to make my life easier ..

That is exactly why I spend the extra bucks on those Snicker pants,even in PTY they where comfortable to wear.....and a lot less mosquito bites then in shorts ;)

Ditto on the old work cloths.

My normal work cloths are jeans and Khakis. When they start to show their age they get demoted to shop work.

And any of the many event t-shirts I collect every year.

I have Dickies cover-alls for the colder temps.

I also have a stack of welder caps that I use when ever I am going to be under the truck.

That is exactly why I spend the extra bucks on those Snicker pants,even in PTY they where comfortable to wear.....and a lot less mosquito bites then in shorts ;)

when are you going back to Europe .?

when are you going back to Europe .?

Not sure but I have friend visiting me next month,he can always bring you something.

Lemme know.

Joe

I don't buy special clothes for working on vehicles. I just take something that has gotten old and re allocate it to the garage. My current setup involves tan cargo shorts or pants, and a maroon colored t shirt that somehow has never held onto a grease stain. The shorts and pants are disreputable looking at best.

I do this, but if I like the clothes I have in my closet - I will go to goodwill and pick up some super random shirts, throw them in the wash, then they become garage clothes.... a few bucks will last me a year or so....

Sounds gross, but you'd be surprised at the randomness you can find that is practically new and for $0.99... and many times, they ARE new clothes that didn't sell (still have original tags).

The life cycle of a pair of my jeans:
A grade, work (office) or going out to dinner
B grade, Saturday errands, equipment maintenance at work.
C grade, camping, light yard work
D grade, heavy yard work, light car maintenance (oil change, bleeding brakes etc.)
after that they turn into cutoffs or I wear them for stuff like, fence repair, clutch replacement or knuckle re-builds.
At some point they just disappear, :hmm:my wife may have a hand in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom