Portable ac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I feel your pain. We've used regular window units before, with them sticking out of the doorway. That kind might be better since you can pull the whole thing in and duct out the hot air.

I want a pop up. Kids want a boat. Guess who's winningn

Yeah but he cut a hole in the tent!

Anyone ever use one of these camping?

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...3&sa=X&ei=Hk-DVcvpCszOsAWC1YGQBA&ved=0CCkQrRI

Loking to cool down a tent. In south carolina so the swamp cooler is a no go. We don't camp as a family off the grid just yet. Wife and I will be in October though.
I have not used one of those portables while camping but I have and do regularly use one while not camping and I'm very happy with it. You do need a place to slip the exhaust hose though. You can probably just zip it closed in a doorway.

Before I got my rtt I had a truck camper and I used a small window unit which you basically HAD to have because unlike a tent, the camper got really hot and didn't have ventilation like a tent.

I have been told that people who have popups with mesh walls use the air conditioning and it works fine. It's sort of like using the ac in your car with the windows rolled down, you still feel cool.

I've got an oztent on the way and plan to go to nc, where it's been in the upper 70s at bed time. I'll try it with a fan but bring an ac with me just in case.

My Starcraft pop-up has a roof top 13,500 BTU AC and it will keep you VERY cool as long as you put those mylar space blankets on the inside of the pull out canvas roofs to reflect the heat. BTW the pop-up is for sale. Looking to upgrade to a travel trailer.

Thanks @solidfrontaxle yes I do have an AC unit in my RTT. Its the best investment ever. When I am not in a camp ground with electrical hook ups I have a small honda generator that is very quiet. Wife and kids love it, makes camping in Florida summer nights very comfortable. Or you can always get the AC boot.

http://acboot.com/cart/index.html

I want a pop up. Kids want a boat. Guess who's winningn

461.jpg

This is the one I want.

336999_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

Oh please please please!!! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom