cult45's 45 recovery and remobilisation (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mate the only 45's I see are spotto's on the side of the road, Pete [84troop] or sneaky's [5 mins away]. There's no endless cruising of byways searching for that elusive fixed-top poking out of a lean-to somewhere. That's the dream!

Actually @catskinner you're up north of Bundy aren't you? I drove CNS - BNE recently. Should have stopped in.

Bloomin hell I thought that's what you did
Cns to bne how did you get roped into to that drive

Cult I'm about 1 hr north of brissy

Any more news on the 1963 that you teased us with awhile back

Dammit I really should have dropped in. Was up there for work and it seemed easier to drive and have my truck up there. No news on the 1963, but I imagine she's still there. Next time I'm up the highway old son I'll let you know and you'll have to show me this patch of yours and your '72.

politicians go on junkets all the time on the workers expense.
I figured you cobbers go driving around looking at old 45s and if you supply lunch that's like a junket haha

Its closer to a "fact finding mission". We sit around talking and try to figure out what previous owners have done to each of our trucks and whether its something that needs to be fixed.

1 fact I do know is old landcruisers don't last too long on bribie Island, unless they have an appetite for bog and fibreglass.

We could go for a spin in a 1962 Toyota fq15

WA why where handing out good advice.
Cult should give this new f engine a comp test before fitting this time around. If this ones a dud I know where there's still a strong 2f engine less then a 3 1/2 hour drive. ;)

Westaussie I was multitasking as the city folk call it, catskinning and interneting between truck loads hehehe

Ozcruiser old mate, there's a classic motocross event next weekend at conondale qld, be a good place to give your ktm495 a blowout and drop the mighty 2f off at cults on the way :)

Last edited:
Hello sweetheart.

image.jpg

What's that old bit of junk cult? Are going out in the tinnie crabbin and need a anchor.
That's all I see that thing being useful for :)

Last edited:
Ozcruiser thanks for the link good reading and tell your old man happy birthday from Australia as thanks

My old grandad was a ww2 veteran aswell

Catskinner thanks mate I will let him know
Cult can I take it your going with the GMH 253 or 308 engine.

That there fine gents is the Holden small block. Two-hundred and fifty-three cubic inches of restrained horsepower. Four-point-two litres of pure, adulterated fat. A full 800cc smaller than a proper V8. But it's my kind of donk as I'm a bit of a radar evader ;)

It's an '83 model out of a VH wagon, so unfortunately it comes with pollution gear, but fortunately it comes with an electronic dizzy and the stock Q-Jet. No horrible Holley's here! It's a real quiet runner, no knocks, no wobbles - with the hood down you'd struggle to know it was even an 8. Came complete carb to sump and flywheel to fan. Well, it still needs a flywheel, an air-cleaner and to swap the sump to a HQ one as it's a forward pan style vs. the Commodore rear pan. I did the horsepower sums, and on stock motors:

F - 105-125bhp/189-209ft.lbs
253 - 134-154bhp/200-213ft.lbs

My 253 is the later 'blue' type, and will run a twin system [allegedly/effectively [?] making it the 154bhp version]. My F is actually an F.5 and as such is more than likely the 125bhp version, but with a range of comps from 90's - 100's and a solitary 130 psi, I'm sure the leap from my tired F to this relatively fresh 8 will see some significant gains. I'm still running the three-speed because I'm archaic and stubborn. No disc conversion [hence the choice to nab the smaller capacity 8 instead of big brother 308]. Probably a stock Commodore rad, shroud, fan etc. No air. No steer. No electric fuel pumps. Just a marriage of General Motors and Toyota. As though the General asked for the hand of Mr. Toyoda's eldest daughter and Mr. Toyoda simply had to comply to the might of the Five Star General and his thirsty, non-4WD engineering. Thump, thump, thump.. :D

The old Holden "Two flys and a flea"

Had a hj75 that had red 253 in her once, didn't go to bad actually Untill I cooked it when the water pump failed. Sounded pretty good with twin straight throughs

As though the General asked for the hand of Mr. Toyoda's eldest daughter and Mr. Toyoda simply had to comply to the might of the Five Star General and his thirsty, non-4WD engineering. Thump, thump, thump.. :D

Then this must be the other side of the family, its running a 2H and four speed out of a sixty series. Spoke to the owner and he said it all bolted straight up as the early Toyotas were based on Chevrolet patterns.
86023610152598408025284.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom