2016 URJ200 SERIES LAND CRUISER/LX570 UPDATE-REFRESH (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser brochure (USA):

"High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlights (and LED Accent Lights) Capable of producing whiter, more brilliant light than a traditional halogen bulb of the same size, HID lightbulbs also use less electricity and last several times longer. HID lights are filled with pressurized xenon gas that is ignited by a pair of electrodes, effectively turning the gas into a white-hot filament".

2015 200 GCC Spec headlights became LED, very obvious difference between 2014 and 2015, even on the road you can spot the difference. Not sure about US SPEC though @chrisratz @cc1999 , so 2016 is definitely LED + fog lights as well.

I wonder how to source those as a retrofit in the U.S...

Externally the headlight looks the same, but it is what's behind that matters, it has a much bluish/purplish/pinkish tint to it.
Another thing, previously on MY2012/13/14 if you had the high beams on the HID low beams would become stronger as well atleast in the GCC SPEC vehicles, on my 2015 that is not the case, high beams are just halogen, low beam LED does not increase.

We got LED foglights on the LX from 2014. 2016 LC should get them as well.

btw that front bumper has a ''sporty kit'' on it, the regular one should be the same as the current one in terms of how low it is to the ground, if you are worried it will scrape from hitting the curb.

not sure on the front grille and healights, might just be a bit to fancy for me. The crawl, turn assist etc around the shifter area looks way better! I also like the instrument panel, not sure on the center sat nav screen area... All and all I'm sure it will grow on me, the front end is not as crazy as the 4Runner etc, nice to see they didn't go crazy!

Oh no... First look and I thought it was some Ford SUV ?!? These 2016 images are floating at many sites, but the last time I talked to the local dealer, he mentioned 2016 will be a MMD (minor modification) model ! .. Let's see what pops up later this year but the looks are ....hmmmm ....

Oh no... First look and I thought it was some Ford SUV ?!?

Well then you're eyes need to be checked ;) The new Ford suvs look practically identical to the newest Land Rovers.
I do see similarities with the newest Tundra grill and design elements.

The instrument panel is terrible. Too much silver plastic.
Agree - looks like a dated computer monitor stuck in there too (it needs a better surround with controls). Other than the piano black attracting a lot of dust and fingerprints, it blows away fake silvery plastic. The headlights, however, with the silly grill bar bisecting is the killer. Hopefully the artist is way off base on that....

Last edited:
( accessories + new tech )

b0127002_19411967.jpg
b0127002_19391054-1.jpg
b0127002_19411967-1.jpg

I think I'm happy with my '13

I think the 2.8 got lost in translation, it is coming, however , as far as i know, only to the Hilux and Prado.
Also, i highly doubt the US will skip another MY again and go to MY2017.

Did anyone else notice they offer 20s, 18s and 17s on the wheel page on the earlier post?

Did anyone else notice they offer 20s, 18s and 17s on the wheel page on the earlier post?

Did you also notice that while the 18" and 20" wheels are Aluminum, the 17" wheels are steel?

2016-lexus-lx-570-leaked--image-via-best-car_100512635_m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom