72 resto Televised (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was channel surfing and came across a listing for "Lost in Transmission" airing this Thursday on the History Channel. Apparently they will resto a 72 40. The previews depict a 40 in fairly rough shape cosmetically so it may be worth a look. Looks to be a good foundation though (after all the bezel is oriented correctly:))

I remember seeing a ad for that show with a under the hood picture of a 40 from the time period. Thanks for the heads up. I have to set up the DVR to record it.

I'll probably learn what I should have and shouldn't have done. After all from rust bucket to showroom in one hour and no waiting on parts

Never watched that show before; never will waste my time watching it again. Couple of ignorant Yahoos blasting away at a car who then do none of the bodywork or engine refurbishing which is done by professionals and is never shown to the audience. Real instructive. Sheesh.

Never watched that show before; never will waste my time watching it again. Couple of ignorant Yahoos blasting away at a car who then do none of the bodywork or engine refurbishing which is done by professionals and is never shown to the audience. Real instructive. Sheesh.
I agree, what was the show about????, two guys pawning off a restoration to someone else, getting kicked out of there buddies house while trying to make a Jetta truck, checking out a dismantled Corvette. And the bezel was on wrong.:meh:

Last edited:
Agreed Sarge! Disappointing at best although JohnnyC called the bezel!

just watched it during lunch... yep bezel on upside down :( .... and thats how they get messed up lol

"the rebuilt the carb" .... i think he meant to say we replaced the carb with a weber :meh:

far from rebuild 'everything' as he called it... It cleaned up well the stuff they should have rebuilt ... and it is a good looking truck now

I have a feeling @notaclue they will be doing 2 and 3 at some point LOL

2) Undo
3) Redo

If I could UNDO I would not have posted and thus shared the misery. If I could REDO I would have watched the inside of my eyelids.
I'm thinking of beginning a series of "what not to do" or "if you do this , you're gonna break it" videos. I assure you that would give new meaning to "reality TV"

No need to undo. Misery is good for you every once and a while :). It would have been nice to have seen a more detailed show about the restoration, but that wasn't a fact. oh well

To me it had some issues, Rut , said the rust was the worst he had seen.... Meanwhile, he had a previous show that restored a DeLorean that went thru Hurricane Sandy and was rusted so bad, it had to have a second rig to use because of it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom