Third Row Removed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I got the LC200, I wasn't a fan of the third row, in fact, I like to have the space, and am not a fan of third rows in most vehicles. My 80 doesn't have the third row seats, and I had a Sequoia some time back. When I brought it home, the first thing I did was take out the third row, and it went back in when I sold it.

After looking over the spec books for the LC200, I figured it was an easy mod to remove the two seats in the back.

Here is a pic of the final product:
Thirdrowout.jpg

I ended up going to Home Depot and picking up a 4' wide runner (in grey) and cutting it to fit. After slipping it under the plastic moulding, it doesn't look half bad.

As you can see in the next pic, without the extra carpet, there would be access to the floor and bolts (all covered by the moulding of the seat):
Boltsforthirdrow.jpg

I've highlighted the four bolts / seat that needed to come out. If you are doing this, be careful not to rip these out, as they are mounted into the frame. You need the correct leverage, and be gentle.

I have found that with the third row out, the rig gets about 0.0002 miles / gallon better than when they were in, and is faster in the 1/4 mile by about 1/10,000th of a second. Not dramatic, but whatever I can do for the environment.

Let me know if there are any questions, this was an easy mod that anyone could do.

Cheers:cool:

I don't understand why Toyota just doesn't have a remove option or a third delete.

Pagemaster...are these the interior pics you were looking for? Did you need others.

Pagemaster...are these the interior pics you were looking for? Did you need others.

I would love to see as many as I could if you can provide them. We don't get the Land Cruiser up in Canada so checking one out is very hard. I can provide an email if possible.

I would love to see as many as I could if you can provide them. We don't get the Land Cruiser up in Canada so checking one out is very hard. I can provide an email if possible.
I'm up in Canada, and I got one?

I still say it is a shame that Toyota didn't engineer a decent way to remove the third row seats in the fashion as in the 80 and 100 series . Whether or not it's easy is really beside the point. Poor design as say I .

:cheers:

Has anyone removed the second row? I've got the second out of my 100, and just keep the third row flipped up in case I have passengers. They appreciate the leg room ;]

I was at the Toy dealership today checking out the 200. It's a nice one. Is it correct that the 200 doesn't have adjustable height suspension?

Has anyone removed the second row? I've got the second out of my 100, and just keep the third row flipped up in case I have passengers. They appreciate the leg room ;]

I was at the Toy dealership today checking out the 200. It's a nice one. Is it correct that the 200 doesn't have adjustable height suspension?

correct

It's incredible how many options are not available on the US spec cruiser. In other countries third row is an option. They do not force it upon you like the US LC.
08-landcruiser-v8-i.jpg

08-landcruiser-v8-gear.jpg

It's incredible how many options are not available on the US spec cruiser. In other countries third row is an option. They do not force it upon you like the US LC.
08-landcruiser-v8-i.jpg

08-landcruiser-v8-gear.jpg

hmmm the LX suspension....nice

I have found that with the third row out, the rig gets about 0.0002 miles / gallon better than when they were in, and is faster in the 1/4 mile by about 1/10,000th of a second. Not dramatic, but whatever I can do for the environment.

LOL! Glad you're thinking ahead!!!

Carpet looks great btw.

WAIT A SEC!!!! In that first pic it looks like the passenger seat has a COW patterned seat cover on it!

Is that correct??

LOL! Glad you're thinking ahead!!!

Carpet looks great btw.

Thanks...it was a Home Depot special. About $5/ft of 4ft wide runner. Fits alright after some trimming. Shoved it under the moulding.

Went wheeling in the mountains this weekend, in the rain (also 7 straight days of rain). It was great to have the carpet to throw muddy clothes and tow straps into. Saved the factory carpet.

WAIT A SEC!!!! In that first pic it looks like the passenger seat has a COW patterned seat cover on it!

Is that correct??

No. It's actually my oldest son's car seat. The pattern is called Cowmouflage and the car seat maker is Britax. My wife and I couldn't resist getting two with that covering when we were looking for child seats. It adds a little something fun, to a usually ugly thing. Also, hides dirt and spills really well.

^^^ completely agree

x3. What were they thinking?

In Japan, when you buy a car, you order it with the options you want. None of this mandatory luxury or sport package garbage with useless moonroof/roof rails/running boards or bling wheels. That's how a $40K base LC 100 inflated to $60K by the time it arrived on the boat. $40K for the 100TD and $1.5K for the optional rear diff lock was a steal.

old thread I know, but...

Does anyone know if you can order the carpet for a an LC that doesn't have the third row, available for other markets? I guess Beno would be the man to ask. It would be nice to remove the row and then replace the carpet underneath so its factory smooth all across.

I bet Amayama can get it if @beno cannot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom