Summer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This summer I am hoping to work and earn enough money to start on my cruiser. I need some help getting my idea together, I am wanting to get 35s if I can, but not sure I want to commit to a SOA. Is there a lift I can do to fit 35s and not trim? I do plan on a regear, and I am planning on doing all the work myself in my garage. I am a well seasoned mechanic and am more than capable of this project. If you guys could help me out that would be great!

I have an OME heavy lift with 1.5" body lift and I run 35's. I had to trim the front of the inner fenders on the front. You can't tell from the outside. Or, you can drop your bumpstops until you don't rub.

Welding,did anybody say welding ?? My advice is do it right the first time !! Its the cheapest way too !! If you know you are go'n SOA in the future, don't waste your time on anything else. I learned da hard way, :cheers:

new spring perches on both axles, a cut and turn up front, and an anti wrap bar. its not bad, just don't mess up.

If you want 35" tires or larger, do it right the first time and go SOA.

A shackle reversal setup fits 35s and looks good, but IMO rides like crap compared to a SOA both on and off-road.

You really have to commit if your going to run bigger meats... Things start to break, and there is always another upgrade to get like lockers, gears, chromoly axle shafts, disk brakes in the rear, lower gearing for t-case, bumpers, winch, etc...

or you could do a small spring and shackle lift and just get really good at driving...

I like OME and trimming, maybe slight BL.
With laws in Norway,I can't go soa, and I am happy with performance on 35s.
Not the best flex, but with front and rear locked it gets around most stuff with a wheel in the air now and then.
It is really stable too.

Really, it depends on what kind of wheeling you'll be doing.
Hook up with someone with soa and soa, take it from there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom