What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my passenger side fog lamp, and rebuilt the harness using a Dorman 9006 pigtail. The old one had a meltdown, and the wiring to it was shot.

2qi7orq.jpg

6ypite.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
Had the front & rear diffs, center transfer and engine oil changed, u-joints and splines lubed up for our road trip to California in June. 10 years old and 162k miles. I'm very confident that my daily driver will take us there and back without a problem. Love my truck.

Last edited:
Working on a few tweaks to get ready for some upcoming camping trips. First up, an additional fresh water pump to feed my Helton heat exchanger directly from the front of the truck. Decided it was also time for another fuse box to try to get all the wiring under control...which is going to take some more work.

Quick disconnects for the cold water in and hot water out
showerheads.jpg

Switch for water pump
showerswitch.jpg

Blue Sea fuse box hovering over the power steering reservoir
secondfusebox.jpg

Added front wind deflector..

Deflector in 2015.jpg

My wife drove it with our 2 y/o daughter, over 2100 miles to relocate the family from VA to MT while I chased them in a 26' uhaul. I can't think of a better, safer, more reliable vehicle to transport my most valuable possessions. Could do better on the MPG's though...:eek:

Had a fog light half full of water. How. Why.

Removed assembly, discovered turn signal bulb hadn't been properly seated. I'd been prepared to hunt down a crack and seal it (rather than spend $200 on a new one) but the problem was immediate and obvious.
- cleaned/flushed out with hot water
- sanded (1500 then 2000) and polished (why not while I had it out)
- remounted

Fog light still doesn't work, but that's probably just a new bulb (the old one looked fine which is why I didn't replace it while I had the housing out). 1/2 banana job.

Finished mounting USB ports in rear with double sided tape.

Last edited:
Replaced center emblem with one from a HS 250h, because the blue 'glow' is sweet and I think putting a hybrid emblem on my beast is hilarious.

That is hilarious.

I tell people my FJ40 is a flex fuel vehicle. It burns gas and oil lol.

oh yeah

I got the front Icon shocks on.....May redo the driver's side reservoir mount that was supplied.

I went for the long ball and coated my hood. I can appreciate the folks that liked the smaller version of this, but the glare and the Texas heat beating up my paint job is noticeably improved.
Is that plastidip or a vinyl wrap?

I replaced a bent/broken electric antenna mast today.....

Glad I bought a bunch of those fender liner clips, almost EVERY single one broke off when I pryed on them.

Got some good photos of the motor assembly and the way it attaches in the fender. I'll write up a DIY if anyone wants to see it.

While I was in the area (I pulled the PS wheel off for some extra working room) I noticed that BOTH of my front sway bar end links were completely broken off and the sway bar was just floating in space not attached to anything!!! So I guess once I get those replaced and drop in some new front OEM shocks the ride / handling will be amazing! :)

-G

Nice tail gate!

Is that plastidip or a vinyl wrap?
vinyl wrap.

Ive bad mouthed this product for years, but I feel like I just changed political views. I didn't like the smaller cut version as I have nicks in the side of my hood. It covers a lot of sins and it deflects the sun quite nicely.

It's hard for folks outside the sun belt to appreciate it, but you almost can't do enough to hedge the effects of the sun.

Installed a factory front tow hook on the other side so I now have two in the front... oh, and finally installed my TJM torsion bars and front shocks to finish of my TJM Heavy lift...

It's been a busy week plus for mine. Had the fluid topped off at the local Valvoline a week ago last Saturday, The next day it got a MaxLife oil change there. This last Saturday I met Beno and replaced my busted corner light lens..

I replaced a bent/broken electric antenna mast today.....

Glad I bought a bunch of those fender liner clips, almost EVERY single one broke off when I pryed on them.

Got some good photos of the motor assembly and the way it attaches in the fender. I'll write up a DIY if anyone wants to see it.

While I was in the area (I pulled the PS wheel off for some extra working room) I noticed that BOTH of my front sway bar end links were completely broken off and the sway bar was just floating in space not attached to anything!!! So I guess once I get those replaced and drop in some new front OEM shocks the ride / handling will be amazing! :)

-G

Yes please! Need to do the install/swap with a Metra antenna motor I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom