Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone built a slide for this monster yet? I see some guys are using parts meant for an Engel fridge.

Last edited:
Looks like I just snagged one of the last 80qt in-stock ones. Anyone built a slide for this monster yet? I see some guys are using parts meant for an Engel fridge.
Nice score. What are you putting it in? I would check your clearance on the lid if you build a slide for it. Make sure you still have enough room to open it inside without the lid hitting the roof.

Thanks for the tip! I think it'd be inconvenient to use without a slide. With all the food /beer in, that thing will probably weigh north of 120 lbs.

Last edited:
You are probably going to want to put it on a low profile slide. My 63 sits up a bit on my slide and lid barely clears the back door.

Some of the locking slides can be flat mounted, it might be an option if vertical mounting wont work. Interested to see what you come up with. I'm about to build one or two new slides.

TXLX100.. Did you mean it barely clears with the lid open or closed.... If the latter I think I'm in trouble. Can you post a pic of your setup?

TXLX100.. Did you mean it barely clears with the lid open or closed.... If the latter I think I'm in trouble. Can you post a pic of your setup?

Will do. It has a little room left with the lid open and the slide deployed. Closed, no problems fitting in truck. You'll probably want at least 28" slides, the hatch door has a little more clearance the further you pull the fridge out.

I'm going to build a slide based on the version from the LongWaySouth website. It's simple, basically a metal tray, angle iron, and slides. I like my wood slide with table, but the slides are too lightweight and I don't use the table much.

Update: See page 16 of this thread for picture of my setup. The fridge sits about 3.5" off the floor. Around page 23, there is a picture of a 80 quart in a 100, for perspective.

Last edited:
Thanks, just saw that - Good tip on the long slides, probably a good idea to get the longest slide that will fit behind the second row seat.

I like the LongWaySouth one too, although their full undertray is kind of unnecessary, I think. You could build the whole thing with only angle, could you not?

Thanks, just saw that - Good tip on the long slides, probably a good idea to get the longest slide that will fit behind the second row seat.

I like the LongWaySouth one too, although their full undertray is kind of unnecessary, I think. You could build the whole thing with only angle, could you not?

You could definitely build out of all angle and small stock. I want the tray to make it a little cleaner and to have a good tie down point.

Will do. It has a little room left with the lid open and the slide deployed. Closed, no problems fitting in truck. You'll probably want at least 28" slides, the hatch door has a little more clearance the further you pull the fridge out.

I'm going to build a slide based on the version from the LongWaySouth website. It's simple, basically a metal tray, angle iron, and slides. I like my wood slide with table, but the slides are too lightweight and I don't use the table much.
Hmmmmm. You'll be at LSTJ in Gilmer, won't you? Make 2 & I'll buy 1 from ya!!!! :D:D:D

Fridge arrived today. There are neither scratches nor dents on this thing, looks brand new! The size is actually not that overwhelming, for having twice the internal volume of the 43 it's a pretty reasonable footprint. We'll find ways of filling it up, that's for sure:D.

I think I'll make a 12v power pigtail that exits out underneath so the plug doesnt stick out. That way the LCD panel can face the rear hatch. Somehow, stealing a quick look at internal temp every now and then seems like a good idea.

Fridge arrived today. There are neither scratches nor dents on this thing, looks brand new! The size is actually not that overwhelming, for having twice the internal volume of the 43 it's a pretty reasonable footprint. We'll find ways of filling it up, that's for sure:D.

I think I'll make a 12v power pigtail that exits out underneath so the plug doesnt stick out. That way the LCD panel can face the rear hatch. Somehow, stealing a quick look at internal temp every now and then seems like a good idea.

I run the power cable under the fridge and out the side and seems to work well. You'll probably want the display facing towards the hatch.

I have my temp panel facing forward so I can get stuff using the PS slide window. I can also change the temp easier this way by folding the seat down rather than going through the back. If the seats are folding down I can also see the temp from the drivers seat. Only downfall is the vents can get blocked if you aren't careful.

Just saw that they there is one for sale today. Smaller 43Q, 1 for sale as of 2:22 PM mountain time.

Where's Phil? I'm sure he could use one for his closet or attic or foyer or something

I'm temped. Thought about putting it in the trunk of the wife Jetta but I don't think it would fit.

I bought it, if I like it I may go for a 63 when available. This 43 is same dimensions but 4 inches less in width I believe.

I bought it, if I like it I may go for a 63 when available. This 43 is same dimensions but 4 inches less in width I believe.

I told myself last night at if it was there at 6am, I would buy it. My 63 qt has made a comfy place in my office and could just stay there while the 43 would travel with me which is usually myself and occasionally one co pilot so the 43 is big enough.

Nice buy. Can't beat the price for what you get.

Bear Lake, did you receive your 43 yet? :bounce2:

by the way, if anyone sees a 43 Qt on sale, PM or respond to this thread if you would be so kind. It seems as often as i get over to the openboxdirect site, that would be faster (plus the alerts didnt seem to work for me)
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom