Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I'm cleaning my garage and found two boxes of parts that I forgot I ordered, and a powder coated diff cover. Christmas, early, woo hoo. E-brake rebuild parts (minus the damn NLA handle) and axle hardware:

And some dash ideas that I'm bouncing around with a certain master fabricator:

My initial sketch...I mean, my friend's 5 y/o's initial sketch (lol):

Google search images:

Drum Roll...shop just called. Wheels powder coated, check. 5 BFG T/A KO2 285/75/16's to store, check. Mount and road force balance, check. Call customer, wheels & tires are ready for pickup, check.

Be back shortly with pics. . .

Woo hoo. . .

Are you going to need spacers with those non US rims? If not, where did you get them? Will eventually need 16's for Billy and I don't want spacers. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, went back to page 10, I see you have spacers

Last edited:
Are you going to need spacers with those non US rims? If not, where did you get them? Will eventually need 16's for Billy and I don't want spacers. Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, went back to page 10, I see you have spacers

The spacers were for the original set of rims I put on the rig but I'll need to run them to fit the 80 non-US spec wheels. Not ideal but it'll work just fine.

thanks

Oh yeah they are going to look awesome!

Thanks man - it was a hard call to get the wheels powder coated but I didn't like the grey OEM color as a wheel color. I might add a red pinstripe to them...or change them to a dark space grey. We'll see. . .going to roll with them for a while and see if they grow on me or not =)

And just to let you guys know what some of our most beloved vendors go through with my 'gotta have it now':

Onur sends me this pic:

I'm like...oh....can't wait....but how am I going to justify this expense....ask Onur to hold them for a few days...

Then, I can't take it any longer - which, yes, is all the justification I need, lol:

Anyhoo - was cleaning my IMs this morning and saw that msg - thought some of you would enjoy the exchange =)

Shane

I like the new BFG sidewalls. Looks very nice Shane.

J

Mucho Grass-E-Ass =) Pics don't do them justice. . .I'll get some better pics when it's cleaned & brighter outside.

Them wheels and tires look sweet Shane!
Goes great with the color of truck!

I'm a fan of black wheels, good looking truck!

Shane, your order has shipped.

Lockstrip for all glass, stainless LED bracket for rear carrier and antenna mount.

Thanks again,

Jason
DSCF3009.JPG
DSCF3006.JPG

DSCF3015.JPG

DSCF3017.JPG

Shane, assuming you won't be installing the WLS until after you get the rig respray done. I've got a WLS tool sitting around I could send out to you when you're ready to install it. I had thought of installing it the KR method (old screwdriver)...but was paranoid that I'd either slip and scratch the paint or break a window. Not too tough to do...just need a lot of the silicone spray when you're doing it. won't be able to do it at the paint shop....the silicone spray and paint don't mix well.

Shane, assuming you won't be installing the WLS until after you get the rig respray done. I've got a WLS tool sitting around I could send out to you when you're ready to install it. I had thought of installing it the KR method (old screwdriver)...but was paranoid that I'd either slip and scratch the paint or break a window. Not too tough to do...just need a lot of the silicone spray when you're doing it. won't be able to do it at the paint shop....the silicone spray and paint don't mix well.

I only needed silicone spray for the liftgate glass. The cargo and windshield were installed in less time combined than the lift-gate.

J

Seriously...i was the absolute opposite....cargo windows went right in...cargo, pretty much the same. the lower corners of the windshield...man, I used every swear word I knew, plus a few others I just made up....can't remember being more pissed/frustrated in a long time.

Also, make sure to leave the WLS a little long when you install and kind of squish it in there. It'll suffer some shrinkage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom