Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J, you're making us crazy.

It obviously has to be "his and hers" beer steins fired from the depths of Mordor.

About that trailer... I like it. What sort of axle is best to use for something like this? And will you run shocks on it? Sorry if you have mentioned that before, but this thread is of epic length.

Just got finished talking with my guy. He said it would be another week on the product. He has another box of goodies headed to him today or tomorrow for R&D. @beno and @sschruff got me thinking on that box of goodies...

I built my own axle from individual pieces. 3500# components with FJ60 front springs. I plan on using this for more than camping so I beefed it up a little. I would probably take a leaf or two out if just for camping.

Yes, I'll run a pair of shocks. When I weld in my floor runners, I'll get the mounts installed. Then when fully built, I'll rack out the trailer for measurements and order the shocks. Probably OVERKILL, but OH WELL!

etrailer has some nice complete set ups. There are a few online trailer supply places and where you are... there should be PLENTY that you could just walk in and grab things. Shipping on a complete axle set is $$$.

Thanks J,

This will be far down the line for me. The 5 speed put me back a little. Don't regret it one bit, but I will have an expedition trailer one day!

Thanks J,

This will be far down the line for me. The 5 speed put me back a little. Don't regret it one bit, but I will have an expedition trailer one day!

The 5 spd is a GOOD THING (especially with 33s and 4:11 gears) .. I love them. The one in Goss is my 3rd one. Trailers are fun, but take up space. I like a small utility trailer to run crap to the dump ground and pickup misc items. I'll make my top easily removable for the right occasion...

J

Plan on making the new gauge cluster tomorrow. I need to order a matching BOOST AND PYRO from SpeedHut, but will add them later. I will use the ones I have for now. Won't "look" that good, but functional nonetheless.

Finished the 8274 front bumper today. Anyone interested... ??

J

DSCF2758.JPG
DSCF2764.JPG
DSCF2766.JPG
DSCF2768.JPG

I still run 3.7 gears. Enough for Texas, the lower first gear is going to be an improvement. No complaints anywhere else.

I need a rear bumper :D but seriously will have to wait on that one lol.

I'm guessing some type of metal wheel well covers since the stock covers are nearly impossible to not screw up when you load 1 item in the back. Could be structural to actually hold some weight or act as a storage compartment.

I still run 3.7 gears. Enough for Texas, the lower first gear is going to be an improvement. No complaints anywhere else.

I need a rear bumper :D but seriously will have to wait on that one lol.

The 1st and 5th are nice... never run a 5spd with 3.73s

Whenever on a rear bumper.. I'm not pushy.. HA!

J

I'm guessing some type of metal wheel well covers since the stock covers are nearly impossible to not screw up when you load 1 item in the back. Could be structural to actually hold some weight or act as a storage compartment.

Nope... HEE HEE !! this is fun...

J

The 1st and 5th are nice... never run a 5spd with 3.73s

Whenever on a rear bumper.. I'm not pushy.. HA!

J

Just an enabler! lol

You're saying you have never actually run 3.7's and 5 speed? Or not to run them together? haha

My next guess would be a replacement seat belt cover on the B pillars, but custom sheet metal work there is alittle over kill.

My next guess would be a replacement seat belt cover on the B pillars, but custom sheet metal work there is alittle over kill.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

THAT IS IT... YES, Overkill it may be... but I hate that cheap A$$ plastic that keeps breaking with every pull of the belt.

J

Last edited:
WE HAVE A WINNER!

THAT IS IT... YES, Overkill it may be... but I hate that cheap A$$ plastic that keeps breaking with every pull of the belt.

J

I hate that cheap ass plastic too. Can't wait to see your solution.

Looks like another item added to the list. Thanks.... I need a better job to justify this habit.

ha, I thought about that one too, but thought it was way too far into left field, but hey, why not. I personally want a metal HVAC surround, they are all cracked and brittle!

That is in the box with the fender and D-pillar vents... :grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp:

These are in R&D and hopefully can be reproduced. He and I both have FAITH!

J

We are so lucky to have someone like you as a member of our forum. Kudos to you sir and all you do for the 60 family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom