Gossamer- '87 FJ60 aka "The Red Monster" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wee, center consoles.

I love the idea of a bolt in center console that isn't loose, crappy or non-latching. For me at least, it doesn't need to lock, just be good, have a cup holder and keep my winch control and other random junk contained and at hand. If it could hold a ham radio base unit, even better. Little taller than stock for my elbow rest, that would be GREAT. And if it fits FJ60 and fj62, well we're into the sublime.

All of this looks great.. When are you going to join us for a trip? May 23rd, GBNP, just sayin'...

I'm thinking dash panels. Instrument cluster, switch blank holders, etc. (especially since he is making one himself)

I think a SS center console would be overkill, even for J. lol (who am I kidding, this is the infamous over-builder we are talking about here, it could be possible) :hillbilly:

I got this one figured out and ya, impossible to find good used. In fact, I bet they were questionable at best when new. Good on ya J! Will be in line for a set.

J,

Any progress on the carpet sets? I'm thinking that I "need" new brown carpet to eliminate the hole when I swap the 5speed into the 62.

J,

Any progress on the carpet sets? I'm thinking that I "need" new brown carpet to eliminate the hole when I swap the 5speed into the 62.

No, That poor lady... I went over last week and did a lot of work on her house. I got to talk with her in depth and she is hoping to be back to her usual self soon. She said she would get me a few sets made when she was up to it.

J

Jason,

You got the guys all worked up, guessing on the new project!

Question on your trailer... What's the plan for a top? I see the rect. tubing as a top rail, will there be a lid attached or more a utility type trailer. It's a very beefy, solid frame, looks good.

Sorry if I asked this already!

Jason,

You got the guys all worked up, guessing on the new project!

Question on your trailer... What's the plan for a top? I see the rect. tubing as a top rail, will there be a lid attached or more a utility type trailer. It's a very beefy, solid frame, looks good.

Sorry if I asked this already!

Ron,

YEAH ITS GOOD FOR THEIR BRAINS....

I will eventually add a top. I will clamshell it (1" x 3" and mimic the 416 lid contour) from the side and use #150 cat launcher gas shocks and latch it with 90 degree Destaco double toggles. Also, run a 1" inner strap edge around the lid perimeter to keep the weather out.

J

I love the idea of a bolt in center console that isn't loose, crappy or non-latching. For me at least, it doesn't need to lock, just be good, have a cup holder and keep my winch control and other random junk contained and at hand. If it could hold a ham radio base unit, even better. Little taller than stock for my elbow rest, that would be GREAT. And if it fits FJ60 and fj62, well we're into the sublime.

All of this looks great.. When are you going to join us for a trip? May 23rd, GBNP, just sayin'...

GBNP would be doable for me.. PM me some more details.

J

Hmm something that comes in sets and are all in crap shape. I'm guessing rear cargo panels.

I think you're right. I missed the part about it being in sets.

So @reevesci how much longer are you going to make us wait? :D

J, you're making us crazy.

It obviously has to be "his and hers" beer steins fired from the depths of Mordor.

About that trailer... I like it. What sort of axle is best to use for something like this? And will you run shocks on it? Sorry if you have mentioned that before, but this thread is of epic length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom