1987 hj75 ute with 12ht (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well today i ran out off fuel on purpose to see how many kms to a tank lucky i have two tanks so i got 653kms to 90L SO THATS 13.7L per 100kms which is pretty good for a half loaded ute

I think there 4.11 diffs but that is lead foot driving aswell 3000rpm in most gears

Yep. I'm jealous...
19.7 in the HJ47 with 4.11s and 35x12.5s is getting a bit old for a broke student.

Yep. I'm jealous...
19.7 in the HJ47 with 4.11s and 35x12.5s is getting a bit old for a broke student.

So what you do is jack it up on blocks in your fathers garage, and come back in 15 to 20 years when you kids are teenagers and do a full restore, also the Grand kids love Tonka Trucks, specially yellow ones.

So what you do is jack it up on blocks in your fathers garage, and come back in 15 to 20 years when you kids are teenagers and do a full restore, also the Grand kids love Tonka Trucks, specially yellow ones.
She's just had all the rust cut out and a respray, new suspension etc, and, if I did that, I reckon I'd start having withdrawal symptoms...
I'm working around the issue by using my Peugeot as a daily driver and keeping the cruiser for weekends.

if I did that my dad would have it off the blocks and drive it himself;)
couldn't say that id blame him............

So I haven't had my ute for a few days it's been having starting problems thought it was the battery but then the starter crapped its self after battery was replaced so I had to take the starter of my hj47 and swapped it over and it's perfect starts better then when I first got it lucky I like my landcruisers for spare parts

:clap:very nice....handy having another starter like that. at least you can drive the 75 again but does that mean that the 47 wont be on the road in a while?

At this rate the 47 won't be on the road anytime soon I am also looking for a new job a my employer owes me about $4500 in pay other wise I would have bought a new starter

What an absolute !@#$%^&* (The employer)
Good luck with looking for a job.

At this rate the 47 won't be on the road anytime soon I am also looking for a new job a my employer owes me about $4500 in pay other wise I would have bought a new starter
yeah good luck in finding a new job and getting your pay....if only money grew on trees...

I had a very strange thing happen today I drove about 5 minutes and started reversing in my dads steep drive way and stalled the ute so started and put in low range and made it up and stopped and got out and there was heaps of coolant pooring out of my ute all out the over flow bottle the poped the bonnet and the radiator cap came off and water went everywhere so I waited about ten minutes and turned the ute around and got it running again and started filling it back up with water to get home and my temp gauge went just above half then the thermostat must have opened and it cooled down back to where it sits just about quarter on the gauge and I drove home and the gauge didn't move at all just sat where it normally does so I dont know what happened but it was weird so I will get my mechanic mate to change and flush the coolant and check everything

Will do that too

All sorted thanks mate new thermostat radiator re cored new coolant and hoses fixed the prob

Good insurance seeing the motor only has 6500kms on it since full rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom