My Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys, need some feedback..

Will adding at least one 12VDC plug in the cargo area while running power to the back, I might as well run a heavy gauge for near future OBA (on board air) setup.
I currently have an Extreme Air compressor along with a 2.5 gallon (I think.. It's been awhile since I installed it) on the Tundra and has served me well, no problems.. I was thinking of going with I have tried and works. I also see that ARB now has a high ouput model CKMTA. Both appear to be in the same price range, but looking at the specs they are clear as mud.. lol. Can anyone decipher?

ARB CKMTA claims..
Air tools rated up to 85LPM [3CFM] @ 6Bar [90PSI] continuous supply.

Extreme Air claims..
-6 CFM @ 0 psi
-2.6 CFM @ 100 psi

Does anyone here have the ARB CKMTA one? Feedback? What about a tank? I have not had a chance to poke around underneath the Cruiser and see if there is any space on the frame rails or such. I know that some have installed the compressor in the engine bay, so that may be an option.

Well, from looking at your specs you posted, the extreme air has a max psi of 100, though your cfm specs is lower. What are you going to be using the compressor for? If you are operating lockers and using it to inflate tires, get the compressor with the highest cfm rate. If you plan on running air tolls (many of which require at least 100 psi to operate), get the compressor with the highest psi.

Well, from looking at your specs you posted, the extreme air has a max psi of 100, though your cfm specs is lower. What are you going to be using the compressor for? If you are operating lockers and using it to inflate tires, get the compressor with the highest cfm rate. If you plan on running air tolls (many of which require at least 100 psi to operate), get the compressor with the highest psi.

Thanks MScruiser,

I Do use you an occasional air tool, cleaning out on the job site with an air nozzle, airing stuff during camping and adding air to tires. I don't anticipate needing lockers at this point. so guess the Extreme Air is the one to go with for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom