Notice anything extra or out of place? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arich

Anthony. aka arich
Threads
I ordered all the parts to rebuild the top of my struts from Beno. I have a feeling the guy who I trusted to put them together didn't do it right. IE. There were parts left over.
Since the parts aren't all that expensive I figured that if I'm taking it all apart AGAIN (4th time) I might as well do
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421627489.257334.jpg
it right.
BUT check this out. Anyone who has rebuilt a 08-11 strut will notice an extra part that arrived with Benos parts. Remember when Brian Jowett commented that the 2013-14 looks higher in the front. This might be the reason.
What do you see???
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421627414.490501.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1421627425.760834.jpg

A OE spacer???

Wow, really?

How much does the part cost? That would be great for those looking to correct the rake that a lot of these trucks have.

What is the height of the part?

4th time? I thought you were running the Konis? Why are you switching back and why 4 rebuilds of the OEM shock?

3/8 inch. Yes it's a oem spacer. I'll post the part later today.

Stock, then Bilsteins, then Radflos, then Konis, and now rebuild the struts with the Konis (not rebuilding the actual shocks just replacing bushings and hardware). So I've taken the front end apart 4 times and built the struts 3 times. Not rebuilt 3 times just taken apart and built 3 times. The Konis can be rebuilt but I don't suspect I'd even have to. Konis use all the oem parts when you install them.

update:
The spacer part # is 43136-60020. $46.92 list $35.19 each from Beno

Last edited:
BTW. I'll do a detailed summary of the rebuild so others can benefit from the mistakes I've seen made by "professionals."

I'll take before and after measurements to see if this mysterious little spacer really does level out the US 200. It's only a visual difference as a spacer does nothing to stiffen the front end, only raises it. I'm curious what 3/8" spacer equates to in lift.

I talked to an Aussie friend on Facebook, and he said that a 9mm (3/8") spacer equates to 15mm (0.59") lift.

Thats a pretty decent amount of lift for only about $70 in parts. Heck, I may order a set just to give my Ironman lift a little boost.

Does anyone with a 2013 and newer rig that has replaced the OE suspension wanna sell me their spacers? :)

Last edited:
I talked to an Aussie friend on Facebook, and he said that a 9mm (3/8") spacer equates to 15mm (0.59") lift.

Thats a pretty decent amount of lift for only about $70 in parts. Heck, I may order a set just to give my Ironman lift a little boost.

Does anyone with a 2013 and newer rig that has replaced the OE suspension wanna sell me their spacers? :)

I always thought it was a 1:1 ratio shim to lift height but this is not correct. There is a small vendor on the Tundra forum at sells shims for the primary purpose of removing lean. Long thread about these shims that claims you get a 2:1 ratio shim to lift. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/members-guild/122680-tundra-front-strut-shims.html

One more thought. I wonder if the cruisers equipped with shims have thicker bump stops.

@arich, I am about to order a set from Beno.

Did you get yours installed? How'd it go? Did you get 3/4" extra lift ( 3/8 x 2 = 6/8 = 3/4 )?

@bjowett , do you know if the Tundra spacers (linked above) would fit the 200 series strut?

do you have enough thread on the top of that bracket to allow a double stack of spacers?
that is if I understand your equation correctly.

By looking at the pictures on the Tundra forum, it looks like there is at least 0.5" of space for spacers (2 x .25) (notice how little thread is left)
20130410_215402_zps7e9bb57e.jpg

Now the OE spacers are 3/8 so double stacking the 3/8s would be 6/8=3/4". I am not sure that there is enough thread left to get your nuts on. If you could, 2x3/4 would be equal to a gain of 1.5" (if my calculations are correct)

C'mon, @arich , what say you?

Sorry guys. I have been so busy with work and I've got renovations going on in the house so my wife is keeping me busy.
Going to try and install spacers and install all the new bushings in the KONIS on Monday.

Well shoot; Its only gonna take you 3.5 months. :hillbilly:

I was gonna order a set from @beno if you said everything went ok. I guess I will have to wait!! Good luck, and let us all know how it goes, and what kind of gains you get. Thanks!

Finally I got it done!!
I got about 3/4 of and inch. I am now 20.5 inch from center of hub to fender lip. I'll post a pic of how much thread is left. Not much.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428355174.470332.jpg

Here's a few more pics of the install.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428355306.930202.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428355330.106443.jpg

Beautiful and EXCELLENT NEWS!

I ordered a set from @beno

Should be here in a few days!

Thanks arich.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428360505.551382.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom