Is an expedition rig a good daily driver? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For me its the seats that limit my use as a DD. I enjoy driving it, but my front seats kill me after a few hours. I added a sheepskin to the drivers seat and that helps. But until i sort out the seat issue for me, it wont be my DD.

It is fun to see how many lil cars give you a wide berth... haha

The LC even with 315 tires is WAAAY easier to park than my 09 F150. Just no parking structures.

Mine's a daily and fully built. Drove to Moab trailing my m101 last year - wonderful trip and pulled some long days -10hrs- behind the wheel. Most comfortable truck I've ever had and with some judicial mods - very quiet.

Yeah I'm no longer a man's man and gave up on leaf sprung cruisers and I really like that my espresso doesn't spill when I go offroad.

Not sure ab Oregon, but downtown & galleria area Houston = garages @ 6'4-6'6. OME 2.5 w/ 33's and you're SOL.

Mine's a daily and fully built. Drove to Moab trailing my m101 last year - wonderful trip and pulled some long days -10hrs- behind the wheel. Most comfortable truck I've ever had and with some judicial mods - very quiet.

Yeah I'm no longer a man's man and gave up on leaf sprung cruisers and I really like that my espresso doesn't spill when I go offroad.

lol, I will join that group with, leaf sprung is tough to handle on long trips......

I daily drive this beast. Mind you I am on smaller tires and do not have an SC, but it is still a big rig with a lot of rolling weight. I love it. I feel safest in the 80. I have almost always driven trucks or vans, and the view/command of the road is second to none in a lifted 80. Sure, gas mileage could be better, but I am ok with the mpg considering that in the case of an accident, I'll probably be on the winning team. Get some nice seat covers and replace the speakers if needed, and you are set. There is something about a vehicle that can be driven hundreds of miles on the highway, only to be followed by 100 miles offload, and not break down. 80 series, this ain't your grandma's commuter. anza 3.jpg

Not sure ab Oregon, but downtown & galleria area Houston = garages @ 6'4-6'6. OME 2.5 w/ 33's and you're SOL.
Same thing around here. When I head out with antennas on I am at 8.5' so that takes me out of all parking garages. Without antennas I am right under 8' which still has me out. Fast food I can still go through most drive thru's. The Inti rack is the killer for me.

I have a toyota echo for commuting to work and the cruiser for family fun. My cruiser is setup for light rockcrawling and overlanding / camping. 285's and 2 inch lift. FWIW, I really like having my little commuter car. I get to work way faster and cheaper.

x2 with Guppie except my DD is a Toyota Prius. I did DD my cruiser for several years with the exact set up you are thinking about w/o the supercharger and the only thing you will complain about is the gas bill. I still prefer driving the cruiser over the prius until I see the credit card bill, then I'm ok. I'm fully armored with an Inti roof rack that is an mpg guzzler all by itself.

I have a toyota echo for commuting to work and the cruiser for family fun. My cruiser is setup for light rockcrawling and overlanding / camping. 285's and 2 inch lift. FWIW, I really like having my little commuter car. I get to work way faster and cheaper.

I bought a 2000 Echo new for my oldest daughter. it is near 300,000 miles, hit 3 times, a And still drives great. Did have a new clutch put in at 225,000. Great little commuter!

I dd an fzj on (10.5mpg) 37s. It's 13 miles to work and 106 miles to my destination every weekend. That's 1.5 tanks/week essentially. I believe I spend more on gas then on food/beer, but I smile wherever I go, even if $tupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom