Socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Found this socked / plug this weekend while relocating my EDIC relay .. ( higher after the last swimming experience ) but have no idea what it is ..

Suspect some kind of work light to be connected there ?

20141213_153748.jpg

BTW was in Tencha ..

It goes inside the glove box. It was for a work light that came with the tool kit.

It actually sits under the dash ,in a 60 series. RHS in a LHD cruiser. Close to the footwell cover.Always power on that plug.

It actually sits under the dash ,in a 60 series. RHS in a LHD cruiser. Close to the footwell cover.Always power on that plug.

And from which fuse it get power .? ( yeah I know too lazy to pic FSM and search )

Will test if got power there without key .. ( got to knew that before )

Dome fuse 7,5 A

Depends what your needs are.Do not expect that it will light up a airplane 5km up:D.But it's useable under the bonnet.I still have the OEM lightbulb in it.

7.5 amps .. that work light wouldn't be that bright are it .?

It was probably acceptable in 1967 when it was designed for the 40 series .:grinpimp: It might be ok with an LED light plugged in. I wonder whey the 7* series didnt get one?:crybaby:

Like your thinking Rosco, i put one in a while ago , the plug sits inside engine bay behind batteries, and threw in a 24v led, I even added a wire mesh to one side of lamp cage , to reduce glare in the eyes.
Where the plug sits now it can access inside to the front, underbody, and of course engine bay itself, it's a little ripper, although the little hook on the end of the lamp does hook up on everything, but it's been definitely worth it, very handy little bugger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom