Hundy with 255/7R18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to remove the Nitto Tera Graplers MT tires that came on the 04 LC that I recently purchased. 90+% of my driving will be on pavement with the occasional forrest service road. They are too aggressive for my driving needs. They are going to waste on my truck.

A regular challenge will be snow in northern AZ. I am thinking that I'd like to put on the Michelin LTX MS2. There are some brand new "take offs" from a Tundra that are 255/70R18. Is that too narrow for the vehicle. The LC currently has 285/65R18 tires on it.

I'm looking for a solid performing tire that will provide respectable on-road manners and handle snow well.

Thanks,

Bruce

I have 255/75 R17 coopers on my 200 and you're going to have to make a big driving style change to use those on road. Less stability while cornering and they don't handle emergency braking at highway speeds well. If your driving is slow and steady you shouldn't face any problems but if you're the type to chuck the hundy into corners and have a heavy right foot on the freeway i wouldn't recommend going narrower than a 265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom