rock slider 470 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the look but am still a little concerned about the fact that they mount to the body and not to the frame. What about if the rock presses against them from the side (ie you brush the side of a rock rather than go directly over it)?

Also, how much do they stick out beyond the door sills?

I like the look but am still a little concerned about the fact that they mount to the body and not to the frame. What about if the rock presses against them from the side (ie you brush the side of a rock rather than go directly over it)?

Also, how much do they stick out beyond the door sills?
They stick out by 2". as far as side impact under the vented plat there are 4 ribs that is weld to the main section so it is secure very well .the Design of this rock slider was meant to get away from soccer MOM look yet enough protection just in case the GX ended up on top of hard surface and not to drill the frame or weld to it ( which i like that ides very much ) and yet any body do it in 20 minutes . at 4700 pounds even the one you weld to frame will bend and get shoved to bottom of the door .now your other choice is to call them and ask them to make you a pair same of look but the kind that either weld or bolt to the frame .this was my design the way i wanted it and they did it for very reasonable price .

The stock running boards are plastic and aluminum. If you take the GX on any trails at all the stock boards will be toast. They are such low hanging fruit. Bravo for someone making a light weight production slider that can withstand the occasional bump and scrape.
2012-07-26_12-57-55_266.jpg

I finally replace the suspension front and back with 3" toytech all the way around i am very happy with the way it handles and disable the air shock switches and removed it now i need plastic cover for it does nay body know the part number for it ? thanks

I wanted to design a winch bracket ( I call it basket) that one be able to either fit the original bumper to or modify it to individual liking so I came up with this after 2 weeks of designing ,cutting and welding and wasting lots of metal first one was 60 pounds but it was work of art it looked so god I wanted to hang it in my living room was :) but we decided it has to be less than 40 pounds and yet very strong so here it is
CIMG0183.JPG
CIMG0175.JPG
CIMG0174.JPG
CIMG0175.JPG
CIMG0175.JPG
CIMG0175.JPG
CIMG0174.JPG
CIMG0175.JPG

Since i did not want to go over 100 pound of weight that included winch,winch bracket ,and either full factory bumper or something little more tough looking i kept on cutting the bumper until there was only upper part of bumper was install back on the GX.
CIMG0004.JPG

If you now add an aluminum skid plate you'll have some more protection up front and able to bounce/slide over rocks instead of them getting hung below your winch area. It looks unique - nice job.

Thanks fluid15 . Actually it is ready for Skid plate to be bolt on to it .Arizona heat is a killer most of this fab was done out side at 110 F by next week i have the plate if both car and I have not melted yet

Another idea for rock slider we start making so many with different looks start getting confused which one we like the best .

CIMG0179.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom