Scary Raptor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gun Runner 5

ODD IRON OFF ROAD
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpg
Clearly the bad boy of the raptor world. Thankfully the handler had that thick leather glove.

• Couple of years ago I was driving to town in the FJ80 just after dark and as I was driving along I saw something to my left and heard a soft thump. I knew it was a screech owl that had flown into the truck. I turned around to check on it, it was still alive so I retrieved it from the road. I went on to the store and left the dazed owl in the truck wrapped in t-shirt. Upon my return to the Cruiser I discovered the little guy had recovered as he (or she) was flying around inside. Now what?? I was not going to release it in town in the midst of a parking lot. So I had to capture the owl within the truck and with a minimum of blood loss (mine). Managed to do so, rewrapped it in the t-shirt and drove home. At the house let the family see the owl and we set it loose. Our house was near the impact site so the owl was not displaced too far.

One of my children left a fishing pole on the dock a while back and when I went to retrieve it the next morning,I realized there was a bat tangled in the fishing line. He was somewhat lethargic due to the cool night but made several attempts to bite me anyway. I got some fairly thick hunting gloves and removed him from the line. After a few hours wrapped in a heating blanket, set on low heat, he was good to go. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom